PDA

View Full Version : Defining Portlet Size

davib
09-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Hello Everybody,

I like to Know how configure the size of Portlets in Pentaho. I looked in documents but didn´t find it.
It must be a tag, but not even examples have it.

Any help will be appreciate.

mlowery
09-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Portlet layout is configured using JBoss Portal-specific instructions. For example, the position of each portlet on the page is specified in pentaho.war/pentaho-portal-object.xml. I'm not aware of a size property but JBoss Portal documentation (http://labs.jboss.com/jbossportal/docs) would be the place to look.

Be aware that any changes you make to *-object.xml or portlet-instances.xml by default will not take affect unless you change all occurrences of if-exists to overwrite (instead of keep).

davib
09-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Thank yoy mlowery to answer my question. I just solved the problem using the folowing tag inside widget definition file:

<style>height:300px;width:350px;overflow:manual</style>

so, this way the resizing portlet works.

Thanks

mlowery
09-28-2007, 02:56 PM
What file is the "widget definition file?" Also, can you post any links to reference documentation that helped you?

davib
09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
sure, it´s here:

<widgetgrid>
<width>100</width>
<height>100</height>
<columns>5</columns>
<style>height:300px;width:350px;overflow:manual</style>
<!--style>height:150px;overflow:auto</style-->
<data>
<data-solution>samples</data-solution>
<data-path>simpleDashboard</data-path>
<data-action>headcount_variance_by_region.xaction</data-action>
<data-output>rule-result</data-output>
<data-name>Filial</data-name>
<data-value>Margem</data-value>
</data>
</widgetgrid>

Look at style tag with respects height and width values. I made like this and it works well!!!

davib
09-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Oh, i almost forgot: there no documentation about this issue. I saw this solution in a google search, when peoples was posting e-mails about portlet problems in Websphere.