PDA

View Full Version : How to start using KPI with Pentaho?

JessyBirZ
10-23-2007, 03:16 AM
Our group tried to used Pentaho BI platform for a while but we have a lot of problems So if we restart project by begin with first step with Pentaho again.

- How do we use KPIs and Balance Scoredcards with Pentaho and which tools shall we use?
- And our project is web application which used KPIs and BSCs so which tools of pentaho we can use?

Thank you very much
Supawat (Thailand).

svallejo
10-23-2007, 08:21 AM
You shoud use:
Kettle for ETL, Mondrian/Cube designer for the datawarehouse, and Dashboards and Reporting to generate your Corporate Dashboard.
I'm working on a posgraduate project about BSC and BI tools if you have any questions i could try to help you.
By all means its quite hard to design a dashboard! There is no a Dashboard Designer developed yet (it is in incubation stage).

JessyBirZ
10-27-2007, 12:39 AM
You shoud use:
Kettle for ETL, Mondrian/Cube designer for the datawarehouse, and Dashboards and Reporting to generate your Corporate Dashboard.
I'm working on a posgraduate project about BSC and BI tools if you have any questions i could try to help you.
By all means its quite hard to design a dashboard! There is no a Dashboard Designer developed yet (it is in incubation stage).

Thank you for your suggestion.

JessyBirZ
11-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Suppose that I have my own database.
And How should I do if I prefer to use kettle and mondrian.

Thank you very much.

Supawat Thanachaivivat (Thailand)