PDA

View Full Version : 1.6GA JPivot Funny Goings On

bugg_tb
10-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi Guys,

Just installed 1.6GA today and copied across 2 old JPivot reports I generated on 1.6RC1. The strange thing is when I startup Pentaho and select my first report it gets displayed fine, but even if I clear the mondrian caches out and point to the 2nd xaction it tells me that it can't find the cube.

Now its not lying it can't because its looking in the first reports mondrian xml file and NOT the one specified by the xaction.

What could be causing this behaviour? Obviously it is not acceptable to restart the server everytime I want to see the other report. :) They are both call reasonably similar things, being BaseValues2.xaction and BaseValuesLive.xaction with respective mondrian files. I've reached a bit of a dead end..

Cheers

Tom

wseyler
10-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi Tom,

I just finished testing this in house and I can't reproduce. Used seperate xactions pointing to different cubes with different datasources and it worked fine. Is there anything that you can think of that would make your install different. Is it straight "out of the box" or was there some customization. Right now, I'm sorry but I'm at a loss.

Bill

bugg_tb
10-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Bit strange and i guess its combined with my broken hibernate issue. Anyway I found that the default xaction added an url for jpivot to get the mondrian schema from, when I pasted this into a browser it returned the right schema but it would appear that it must be cached or the like elsewhere and downloading the wrong schema, but I removed the url and just put samples/analysis/myschema.mondrian.xml and it started working fine..

Thanks for looking.

Tom