PDA

View Full Version : Report deployment on OC4J



gl
11-07-2007, 05:45 AM
hey guys

I started using jfreechart and jfreereport back in the days before all the wizards but now I want to try to update to the newest versions. I downloaded lots of stuff yesterday, including the pentaho_j2ee_deployments and am trying to deploy to OC4J but so far without success.

I found one post here, supposedly a detailed description of how to do exactly that:

http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=54588&highlight=deploy+oc4j

But maybe it's because my user privileges are too low or something that I can't see any of the XML he's saying I need to insert in various places to make the ant build work. When I try building the ear file without doing any changes I get this:

H:\JFree\pentaho_j2ee_deployments-1.6.0.GA.863>ant build-orion2.0.5-ear
Buildfile: build.xml

war-pentaho-tomcat:

BUILD FAILED
H:\JFree\pentaho_j2ee_deployments-1.6.0.GA.863\build.xml:467: H:\JFree\pentaho_j
2ee_deployments-1.6.0.GA.863\pentaho-res\hibernate\${rdbms} not found.

Total time: 7 seconds

Hope someone can help me with this. I suppose I can build a project manually in JDev but I didn't really want to do that.

Thanks,
Gisli

Taqua
11-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi,

first thing: If all your want to do is reporting and charting, then using the platform just adds a huge list of dependencies with not that many gains. (Especially if you have your own infrastructure already in place.)

The reporting project itself still adheres to the age old policy of creating a solution with minimal dependencies and code as clean and non-intrusive as possible. Thats why we are still able to have a 6MB all included download (resulting in a (at max) 5mb deployment). With the platform you'll add 60MB at minimum.

But the platform has its advantages too: You'll get XActions which give you a simple way to execute some data-processing before doing the reporting, you'll get bursting (mass-mailing reports), subscriptions (scheduled reports) and so on. But as said: The resulting solution is more heavyweight than reporting alone.


To your bug: The bug simply means that you have not defined that property (probably with a lot other ones).

So copy the contents of the "default.properties" file into a (new) file called "override.properties" file, adjust the settings you need, and try again. It should work now.