PDA

View Full Version : Changes to database connection gets reverted

awendt@global-com.com
01-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi Pentaho!

We created a development repository. The production repository was stored in an Oracle database in a schema called Pentaho. So I exported the Pentaho schema, imported into another oracle database, and then I upgraded the repository to the latest version of Kettle. All OK ... so far.

Then, I logged into the development repository, and changed the target data warehouse database connection we are writing to from production to development by editing the connection settings through the repository explorer. This way, all I have to do is change my data warehouse database connection, and the ETL will write to the development data warehouse.

However, after saving changes, AND committing work in the repository explorer, I go back to the data warehouse database connection and it is pointing to the wrong Connection Type (Oracle, when we use Sybase IQ), and the port number is periodically gets changed back to the production port number.

I just want to save my connection in the development repository so it writes to the development data warehouse without having to go though each and every transformation and changing the database connection.

Can somebody tell me a workaround or something?