PDA

View Full Version : What kind of event do we want?

dmoran
02-01-2008, 12:33 PM
This is probably the most important question. All of the other decisions depend on how this one gets answered.

During discussions with Thomas, Jens and a few other people on the IRC channel (irc.freenode.net ##pentaho) a few points came up:

Informal
Technically oriented
Not a Pentaho sales and marketing event
Alcohol based
Opportunity to show off stuff you have been working on.

This is just a discussion starter list - start posting your great ideas! What would you like to do?

charlesr
03-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Dear Colleagues,

I am an experienced software engineer working in Switzerland in the field of data management, data integration and in general in data warehousing applied to the research domain of biology. I started working with Kettle last year and would like to extend my knowledge of it. I have enjoyed positive experience with this open source software and would like the event to include:

1. Talks, presentations, demos that conceptually and technically describe and explain actual implementations of kettle technology

2. In terms of content, I would like to find out more about technically handling very large data sets.

3. I would be interested in exchanging ideas about the application of Ralph Kimball's approach to data warehousing approach: dimensional modeling with conformed dimensions etc.

4. Opportunities to meet colleagues and exchange ideas.

Best regards,

Randy

P.S.
I am not a developer of Kettle.

bugg_tb
03-26-2008, 07:28 AM
I'd like to swap ideas and see other peoples demos as quite often I find that people have had something implemented for ages that I could have found useful and for one reason or another not got around to doing. Also having a few beers and forgetting everything people tell me is paramount.

Tom

jbleuel
04-28-2008, 11:15 AM
I propose "POWERPOINTS" should be allowed e.g. when the computing center e.g. with all the grid machines or an ERP system is not capable to move to Mainz ;-)
Cheers,
Jens

lucboudreau
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
I really like the BarCamp concept. And no powerpoints please. Public speaking usually does the trick when done properly. :cool:

codek
05-13-2008, 06:06 AM
1 month to go and still no Agenda?

Come on, surely just some simple list of the confirmed presentations so far - I need something to get approval on! There must be a list?

Dan

bugg_tb
05-13-2008, 06:29 AM
I'm doing stuff, you can watch me shake and talk in a broad yorkshire accent :P