PDA

View Full Version : How to define JNDI connection to MS SQL Server database

swati
02-02-2008, 03:55 AM
Hi,
How to define a JNDI connection to MS SQL Server Database.
I am able to successfully connect to that database thru jdbc connection. But i don't know how to connect to that MS SQLServer database through JNDI. What all to define in the simple-jndi\jdbc.properties file.
Kindly help asap
Regards,
Swati.

MattCasters
02-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Here are a few samples:

http://source.pentaho.org/svnkettleroot/Kettle/trunk/simple-jndi/jdbc.properties

HTH,

Matt

swati
02-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Hi Matt,
The samples that u hv mentioned do not hv any connection values for MS SQL Server. I want to know what values to specify for the parameters(type, driver, URL) for connection to MS SQL Server.
Regards,
Swati.

clavigne
06-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Here is an example:

my_database/type=javax.sql.DataSource
my_database/driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
my_database/url=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;databaseName=demo
my_database/user=sa
my_database/password=password

Don't forget to download sqljdbc.jar from MicroSoft and add it to <your kettle path>\libext\JDBC\

Chris
BreadboardBI.com

Sagar.Tippe
07-18-2013, 03:57 AM
this link is not available.. please specify some other options.. How to create jndi data source for mssql server.?

liorabel
10-28-2015, 07:17 AM
Sorry about reviving an old post, but does anyone know how to set this up for MSSQL Native?

Here is an example:

my_database/type=javax.sql.DataSource
my_database/driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
my_database/url=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;databaseName=demo
my_database/user=sa
my_database/password=password

Don't forget to download sqljdbc.jar from MicroSoft and add it to <your kettle path>\libext\JDBC\

Chris
BreadboardBI.com

gutlez
10-30-2015, 11:43 AM
That simple-jndi paragraph is for MSSQL Native
You can tell this because it's calling for the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver.

Where that paragraph says "my_database" you can replace it with the name that you will use for JNDI
make sure you update the url line to point to the right host (example host has localhost) and database to connect to on that host.
change your user and password as appropriate.