PDA

View Full Version : Using Oracle as data store: ORA-02420: missing schema authorization clause

rick@pf
04-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi -

I'm trying to set up Pentaho Metadata Editor to use Oracle as its data store, but I'm running into a problem. I'm trying to do what it says in mdrjdbc.html, and I get this error when I try to save.
org.pentaho.pms.core.exception.CWMException: CWM.ERROR_0002 - Error getting a handle on the repository.
. . .
Caused by: org.pentaho.pms.core.exception.CWMException: CWM.ERROR_0003 - Unable to get repository implementation for class [org.netbeans.mdr.persistence.jdbcimpl.JdbcStorageFactory].
. . .
Caused by: org.netbeans.mdr.util.DebugException: Fatal error: Repository boot/initialization failed with message: ORA-02420: missing schema authorization clause

Here are (what I think are) the pertinent parts of my repository.properties file:

org.netbeans.mdr.storagemodel.StorageFactoryClassName=org.netbeans.mdr.persistence.jdbcimpl.JdbcStorageFactory
MDRStorageProperty.org.netbeans.mdr.persistence.jdbcimpl.driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
MDRStorageProperty.org.netbeans.mdr.persistence.jdbcimpl.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@<server>:1521/<instance>
MDRStorageProperty.org.netbeans.mdr.persistence.jdbcimpl.userName=pentaho
MDRStorageProperty.org.netbeans.mdr.persistence.jdbcimpl.password=pentaho
MDRStorageProperty.org.netbeans.mdr.persistence.jdbcimpl.schemaName=metadata
I've also tried a couple of alternatives - if I comment out the schemaName line altogether, I get
CWM.ERROR_0003 - Unable to get repository implementation for class [org.netbeans.mdr.persistence.jdbcimpl.JdbcStorageFactory]
Caused by: org.netbeans.mdr.util.DebugException: Failed accessing storage factory.

If I uncomment that line but have nothing after the equal sign, I get the same CWM.ERROR_0003, but a different cause:
Caused by: org.netbeans.mdr.util.DebugException: Fatal error: Repository boot/initialization failed with message: ORA-01741: illegal zero-length identifier

So it looks to me like some syntax problem in the code where it tries to create a schema. Or am I just doing something stupid?
Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
- Rick

pminus
07-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi Rick,

I am facing the same issue. Wanted to check if you found a solution to this problem.

Thanks
Prashant