PDA

View Full Version : Multiple metadata xmi files in solution repository?

codek
04-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Can you have multiple metadata files in your repository?

The reason this would be handy, is simply for permissions. People can access the views in the xmi file only if they have permission to actually read from the directory in which it resides...

I know permissions can be set in the actual metadata file itself. I guess we can do a role based security model.

Thanks!
Dan

MattCasters
04-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I think (not sure) you can have one XMI file per solutions repository folder.
Perhaps a more knowledgeable person can chip in here.

codek
04-25-2008, 11:05 AM
ah yes, i see you can have multiple files.

crafter
05-07-2008, 02:44 PM
ah yes, i see you can have multiple files.

How. the documentation states that you can only have one file metadata.xmi abd it must be in the solution top directory.

bugg_tb
05-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I had similar issues, I slimmed it down to one .xmi, but at the same time mines not in the solution top dir, so I don't think thats right.

Tom

codek
05-08-2008, 11:07 AM
The documentation is wrong then; I have 2 files in sub folders and it all works sweet. (1.7RC1)

crafter
05-08-2008, 11:37 AM
The documentation is wrong then; I have 2 files in sub folders and it all works sweet. (1.7RC1)
...or old...

I was quiting from the "Pentaho MetaData Editor Walkthrough Guide", which does seems a bit dated after all. It said:

The Pentaho platform checks in the top-level folders of each solution for files called metadata.xmi. It does not look in any other folder or for XMI files with any other name.

OK, so it seems you CAN have one metadata file. I'll try that out. Ii it still restricted to just a single file, called metadata.xmi ?

codek
05-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Let me clarify. that still seems wrong - except that it must be called metadata.xmi

I have 2 folders called test and samples. each one has a metadata.xmi in - different ones. All models from the 2 xmi files are then available to the waqr user.

Dan

arunks
11-19-2008, 10:05 AM
I want to place metadata.xmi in pentaho-solutions/aks/adhoc/businessmodel/1

is that possible..

will adhoc waqr read metadata business models from that path..?

otherwise how iit can be done??

forum2reg
12-17-2008, 04:26 AM
How could I use the metadata editor to specify where to publish the xmi file?

arunks
12-17-2008, 04:58 AM
choose Publish option from file menu in metadata editor and then there is "publish location" textbox to specify solution name in which u want to save metadata.xmi file