PDA

View Full Version : Visualize final neural network

boemans
04-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Hello,

I'm using the MultilayerPerceptron function to generate a neural network in Weka.

However, I would like to visualize the final version of the neural network and know some characteristics like number of layers, nodes,...

Can anyone tell me whether this is possible with Weka?

Thanks!

Mark
04-25-2008, 04:33 PM
The MultilayerPerceptron has its own GUI interface. This can be displayed in the Explorer by clicking on "MultilayerPerceptron" in the "Classifier" box at the top of the Classify panel. This will bring up the property editor for MultlayerPerceptron. From here you can set the "GUI" option to "true". When you start the classifier, the GUI for MultilayerPerceptron will appear allowing you to see the default network structure and to edit it if you wish. The same can be accomplished if running from the command line by supplying the "-G" option.

HTH

Cheers,
Mark.

boemans
04-26-2008, 05:33 AM
The MultilayerPerceptron has its own GUI interface. This can be displayed in the Explorer by clicking on "MultilayerPerceptron" in the "Classifier" box at the top of the Classify panel. This will bring up the property editor for MultlayerPerceptron. From here you can set the "GUI" option to "true". When you start the classifier, the GUI for MultilayerPerceptron will appear allowing you to see the default network structure and to edit it if you wish. The same can be accomplished if running from the command line by supplying the "-G" option.

HTH

Cheers,
Mark.
Hello Mark,

Thanks for your answer, however, I did know about this option.
I would like to know if it's possible to to let the classifier run automatically and then visualize the neural network.

Hope you understand me...

Mark
04-27-2008, 07:13 PM
OK, no this isn't possible at present. I guess what you are interested in is the weights, as the structure does not change. It should be possible to make MultilayerPerceptron "Drawable", meaning it would be able to output a "dot" formatted string that can be visulaized using graphviz (http://www.graphviz.org/) and possibly displayed by the tree visualizer in Weka. The code for MultilayerPerceptron is quite old now and was written by a student, so I expect some head-banging would be involved in adding this functionality :-) Create a JIRA feature request over at http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/DATAMINING if you want this functionality at some time in the future.

Cheers,
Mark.