PDA

View Full Version : google maps

imrik
05-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi
I think if Google maps (with its API) can be included in a commercial BI appication. AS SteelWheel. Is it possible?
thk
imrik

bugg_tb
05-29-2008, 10:50 AM
If you don't mind paying Google £10000 a year you are more than welcome to use it. If not check out OpenLayers and OpenStreetMaps for an open source alternative

imrik
05-29-2008, 11:02 AM
ok thk
i undrstnd that the example in pentaho (Map.jsp) is only a demo !!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(
I leave the Google Maps API.

bugg_tb
05-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Google API Terms and Conditions stipulates that your website has to be internet facing and I assume you don't want all your data visible on ther internet :)

Tom

alltribz
12-31-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm confused if I wanna build a dashboard like the demo for googlemaps integration with my customers on the map color coded etc, I have to pay Google googles of money? Or can I do it for free? This would not be for resale but for company internal use.

bugg_tb
01-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm confused if I wanna build a dashboard like the demo for googlemaps integration with my customers on the map color coded etc, I have to pay Google googles of money? Or can I do it for free? This would not be for resale but for company internal use.

Google charges for the use of their maps and api internally, although its pretty well hidden in the T&C's. We use geonames.org and open street maps which are both free.