PDA

View Full Version : Chart Sizing issue

joe.dougherty55
06-02-2008, 12:52 PM
I've just recently begun working with Pentaho, so forgive me if this is a known issue or feature...I did a search on these forums and couldn't find an answer.

I'm building some test dashboards in 1.2.1 (build 625). I'm trying to fins one place to set the sizes of the charts, but I can't seem to get this to work consistently.

With pie charts, I can set the size in the widget.xml file using the <width> and <height> tags. This always works with pie charts.
However, if I omit this from the xml file and try to set the pie chart size in the JSP using parameters (via "image-width" and "image-height"), the sizing won't work. The image is set to some predetermined size that winds up being too big for what I need.

The opposite is true with bar charts. if I set the size in the widget.xml file, the sizing doesn't work. But if I pass the sizes as parameters in the JSP using" image-width" and "image -height", the size is set correctly.

This seems to be inconsistent with the documentation. I would expect that setting the size in any chart would work both ways.

Can anyone offer any enlightenment on this?

Thanks!

Joe Dougherty
a frustrated contractor in DC.

pmalves
06-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Can anyone offer any enlightenment on this?

1.7 is nearly out and you're using 1.2? You're messing with lots of deprecated stuff (noone uses .widget.xml files anymore) so you'll have a hard time getting answers to your question in the forum.

Upgrade, I'd say...

joe.dougherty55
06-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Heh. I wish it were that easy. I'm working on a DOD project, and every single upgrade we do on these systems requires research, meetings, approvals, and papal dispensations. Basically, I'm kind of forced into this for the moment.