PDA

View Full Version : Starting with the CDF - community dashboard framework

codek
06-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Hi,

I've created a sample dashboard, but unfortunately cannot get anything to appear, and I dont see any errors in the Tomcat logs.

I followed the installation instructions on the wiki.

I've attached my template.html file... Can anyone see anything wrong?

( The sample_dashboard_broadcast does seem to work - displays some stuff anyway )

Perhaps i pulled out too much of the html?

Thanks,
Dan

ingo.klose
06-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Hi Dan,

On a first glance I saw two problems:

1. After the</table> tag there is a </script> tag that is unnecessary.
2. var components = [requestsChart]; is missing the second chart.

Since the whole beast is AJAX based, you are not likely to see anything in the Tomcat logs. but your browser should display an Javascript error. If you use Firefox you can install Firebug to debug any JS problems.

Regards,
Ingo

codek
06-16-2008, 07:13 AM
ah yes, unfortunately that didnt fix it. I did find the javascript error - that helps things much more :)

It now says:

parameters.length is null or not an object.

I havent (yet) implemented any paramaters. Is that the problem? Perhaps i can define a dummy object?

Thanks !
Dan

codek
06-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Ah, FireDebug is great, i have it working now - many thanks!!

Dan

cegarcia
06-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi

I am trying to build a dashbaord using the CDF, i dont know if i still dont understand well the cdf, but i have 2 questions:

1. How should i do for drill-down? Do i need to create a function in the template like in the old dashboard-framework? or can i use the components? if i can what should i do?

2. Why if i have the executeAtStart set to false one of my chart show at start?

A suggestion, make the sample_dashboard_broadcast more complete, at least with the chart the regionVarianceBarChart should drill-down to.

pmalves
06-19-2008, 12:45 PM
True. The sample should be more complete. We'll bundle a better one in the following releases.

1. If you only want to change the parameter, make the url template like: Dashboards.fireChange('varname',{value});

2. No idea, it shoudn't. Maybe you're changing some variable? Can be a bug...

cegarcia
07-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Hello,

I am building a dashboard with a select, and 2 charts, the first one allows drill-down to the second one passing a parameter. I tried the fireChange, but i am having some problems, when i first drill-down the second chart show well, but then when i click again in the first chart, the parameter goes wrong, i dont know why, i activated some of the alerts in the dashboard.js and it seems the framework its doing something with the parameters and pass an incorrect one.

The fireChange pass somthing like this:

fireChange('Cod_Marca',64|Cod_Marca), the values its like that cause is a MDX query. I want to know if this is a bug, or i am doing something wrong.

Thanks

cegarcia
07-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi,

I solved the problem in my last post, i was writing this:

javascript: Dashboards.fireChange('region',{region})

and should be something like:

javascript: Dashboards.fireChange('region','{region}')

Thanks