PDA

View Full Version : CDF and parameters

codek
06-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi,

I've added a parameter to my dashboard but when i put in a number and hit return it goes to the wrong URL:

http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Dashboards?numDays=7

http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Dashboards?dashboard=ApacheLogs&numDays=7

However if i then go to the right URL by typing it in the address bar my parameter still seems to be ignore, and i then get a template page but with no content. There's no javascript errors for any of this.

I'll attach the template, any ideas what I may have done wrong?

Thanks!
Dan

pmalves
06-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Hello Dan.

Passing parameters to the dashboards from the url is currently not supported yet, unfortunately. It's on the TODO's for the next version.

codek
06-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Ok, but i thought i saw in the demo that it can be done from a field in the page? Perhaps I have something wrong with my form element?

I want to prompt on the page with a textBox for the number of days to run the chart over... and pass that into my charts? Then in my charts i look at that number and group the data according to it's value... i.e. daily aggregation if over 14 days worth of data rather than hourly...

Thanks!
Dan

pmalves
06-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Your template seems ok. When you change numDays the charts should change to reflect it.

Try with firebug to see if there's any error there

codek
06-20-2008, 11:11 AM
no errors in firedebug. when i change the number and hit return, the page reloads and i get the template but no charts displayed at all...

I tried IE6 as well as FF3 and that made no difference.

pmalves
06-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Just a tip: instead of enter, try with a tab

codek
06-23-2008, 03:57 AM
Oh! Yes that does it!! Many thanks.

Hitting enter seems to submit the form and this then breaks the page.

Brilliant thanks Pedro!

pmalves
06-23-2008, 05:30 AM
np. That's actually one of the reasons I don't like that component very much. It's not intuitive... We need to see if there's a way to prevent that behavior

codek
06-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Well i thought i'd just post back to say I now have my 5 chart dashboard working perfectly, and i've deployed it to the end users.

Thanks again - From what I see I think the CDF is an excellent solution. There is beauty in it's simplicity of use!

Dan

pmalves
06-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback, very nice to hear it. We have somethings planned along the road but fell free to add more suggestions/functionalities