PDA

View Full Version : Creating a new Solution questions

ozwolverine
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to create my own solution to use within pentaho I followed the MS Word document "Creating a new solution", but, after telling pentaho ( Create new folder in: jboss\server\default\deploy\pentaho.war\WEB-INF\web.xml
) my solution root directory:

<context-param>
<param-name>solution-path</param-name>
<param-value>/home/jgonzal/pentaho/sspd_solutions/jBPM/</param-value>
</context-param>And when I try to start pentaho server, it fails deploying, getting this error message ( Shorten to make message smaller ):

13:23:59,719 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache]; using defaults.
13:24:01,940 WARN [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context 'null'
13:24:07,476 INFO [STDOUT] 13:24:07,473 ERROR [[/pentaho]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.pentaho.core.system.SolutionContextListener
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(StringTokenizer.java:182)
at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(StringTokenizer.java:204)
at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:247)
at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:212)
at org.pentaho.core.system.SolutionContextListener.contextInitialized(SolutionContextListener.java:121)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3854)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4359)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:761)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:741)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:553)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor151.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:297)
at org.jboss.mx.server.RawDynamicInvoker.invoke(RawDynamicInvoker.java:164)
at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.init(StandardContext.java:5310)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor147.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:297)
at org.jboss.mx.server.RawDynamicInvoker.invoke(RawDynamicInvoker.java:164)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatDeployer.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployer.java:301)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatDeployer.performDeploy(TomcatDeployer.java:104)
at org.jboss.web.AbstractWebDeployer.start(AbstractWebDeployer.java:375)
at org.jboss.web.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:83)
at org.jboss.web.WebModule.startService(WebModule.java:61)
at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:417)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor9.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
at $Proxy182.start(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.start(AbstractWebContainer.java:466)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor123.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:133)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:142)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.DynamicInterceptor.invoke(DynamicInterceptor.java:97)
at org.jboss.system.InterceptorServiceMBeanSupport.invokeNext(InterceptorServiceMBeanSupport.java:238)
at org.jboss.ws.integration.jboss42.DeployerInterceptor.start(DeployerInterceptor.java:93)
at org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerInterceptorSupport$XMBeanInterceptor.start(SubDeployerInterceptorSupport.java:188)
at org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerInterceptor.invoke(SubDeployerInterceptor.java:95)
at $Proxy183.start(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:1025)
at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:819)
at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:782)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor25.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:133)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:142)
at $Proxy9.deploy(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:421)
at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:634)
at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:263)
at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner.startService(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:336)
at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:417)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor9.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispa
13:24:07,489 INFO [STDOUT] tcher.java:155)
at $Proxy4.start(Unknown Source)

What could the problem be?
I'm using Ubuntu linux distribution.

Thanks a lot

bugg_tb
07-14-2008, 03:37 PM
I dunno whats wrong with yours but you could easily take the demo solutions directory as a template and edit that. Also dont forget its needs all the admin/system etc directories with it.

Tom

ozwolverine
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Hello Tom, thanks for answering.

I will try to follow your suggestion, but what could be the best way to get rid of all those samples that come with pentaho?
Would it be necessary just to delete all directories (but admin and system) to get rid of them?

Thanks a lot,

bugg_tb
07-14-2008, 04:14 PM
yeah thats all you need to do, just delete the folder named samples and create your own. its a little laborious downloading all the extra stuff, but at least it works ;)

ozwolverine
07-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Hello Tom and community, I tried to create a solution using your suggestions, but I couldn't do it, so I have some new questions:

Which server version to use? We want to have the full suite to meet our reporting needs. I'm still having problems creating my own solutions. I'm working with the pentaho-reporting-eval-R2-linux-installer.bin, but I have also tried with pentaho_demo_hsqldb-1.7.0.RC1.tar.gz, but none of this is working for me just to create my own solution.
I was able to create a solution, at least visible from localhost:8080/pentaho, but when I tried to publish a metadata file through metadata editor, I'm not able to publish into the server, if I give my server's solution name (located in my root solutions directory) I get an error that Check server, etc. the most strange is that, if I change samples directory name in solution to mysolution, then if I try to publish in metadata editor I get an error too, Why?I'm lost doing this :(
Thanks a lot

ozwolverine
07-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Hello Tom and community,

The problem, I guess, is because I was using the evaluation version, so now I'm using the demo version and there I was able to create my own solutions, The problem is now publish, but that would be another thread.

Thanks a lot

andpierard
07-22-2008, 06:52 AM
I'm interested in the capacities of opensource softwares in BI issues and particulary in Pentaho.
I'm a little bit disapointed about the way these softwares are documented and the problems beginners but also advanced users have to face before having an installation running.
So my question is which is the best version of the software can be used to have a quick installation of Pentaho in order to evaluate it with proper samples and which is the user guide to support the installation?
Rgds,
André

hazamonzo
07-24-2008, 10:55 AM
André, you can download an evaluation copy for windows (maybe even linux) on the sourceforge website

This is a nice simple installer program and will get you up and running very quickly so you can evaluate the product.

Hope that helps,

Harris