PDA

View Full Version : Complete Metadata Editor Documentation

poctest
07-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi,

I'm doing a proof of concept and attempting to create a repository. I've been looking at the wiki site, this forum site and elsewhere on the Pentaho site to get information on how to use the Metadata Editor. Not that it's that difficult to use and a lot of documentation exists on the wiki but is there ONE PLACE that I can go and download a PDF file that COMPLETELY documents all of the instructions, examples, features and functionality?

Thanks

pmalves
07-30-2008, 01:55 PM
http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/PentahoDoc/Pentaho+Metadata+Editor

There's the one place for you. Want it in pdf? Try the little button that says "export to pdf"...

poctest
07-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Ok maybe I'm missing something...

I downloaded that PDF and it was about three pages and contained the table of contents page from the wiki site. The table of contents pages linked back to web pages. Not what I was looking for. I'm looking for one complete document that contains everything. Does that exist?

When I look through the wiki documentation I don't see that everything is documented. For example my repository connection has an options tab with a button called "Feature List". That button opens a tiny window that numbers available features. I have no idea what this is or if it could possibly help fix some problems I'm encountering.

Addtiionally online help in the application doesn't exist.

Does a comprehensive PDF exist anywhere that documents all of the instructions, examples, features and functionality?

Thanks

pmalves
07-30-2008, 02:22 PM
I think the answer is no.

It's very hard to keep up documentation and development; and that's one of the best documented projects you'll find, so get used to it... :-p