PDA

View Full Version : Pentaho Forums

poctest
07-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi,

Are there any other Pentaho forums on ther Internet that have more activity than this one? I notice that a lot of posts do not get answered for several days and sometimes weeks? Not that this forum is bad but a lot of times there are independent forums that are very active.

I was unable to find anything via Google.

Thanks

pmalves
07-30-2008, 01:44 PM
This is what you have. As good as it gets.

Some forums are more active than others directly depending on the amount of people that uses them. Of course, also depending on the type of question made

Though I can understand Phantal's complains (the few bits I read :D ), it's funny to see this question based on someone who has postcount = 6,

poctest
07-30-2008, 02:22 PM
I was just wondering because for example when i go into the Data Integration / ETL forum and the subforum Metadata Editor I see that there is a total of eleven posts and four of them are from me today. Just fishing for a higher quantity of posts that might assist with some of the problems I'm encountering.

Thanks for your help though!

bugg_tb
07-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Well that also depends on the maturity and usage of the product in question, and with Metadata editor it is pretty new and anyway thats just over the last month by default, try expanding the search range.

Tom

Phantal
07-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I can understand where he's coming from, though. He's new to the community, on the outside looking in; he hasn't yet stepped through the looking glass.

To put this in a more real-world setting, if you go to a club, and there's 5 people on the floor dancing, a small crowd at their tables just glumly drinking, and that's about it, most people will walk in, stay for 5 minutes, then leave.

I'm out on the dance floor. Who's on the sidelines glumly drinking, and who's about to leave?

-Brian

bugg_tb
07-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Who's on the sidelines glumly drinking

er that would be me, I was renowned at uni for not dancing and being chief coat holder

codek
07-31-2008, 03:08 AM
This may not be the case here but i've noticed that it really depends on exactly how well put together the question is. If it's a dumb one ( and we've all been there! ) then you may well get ignroed.

However if it's a good well written and explained question, you do tend to get quick replies...

However we also make use of pentaho's commercial support, and that is pretty good.