PDA

View Full Version : Can we show a Pivot view in pentaho dashboard

YatanveerSingh
08-19-2008, 05:00 AM
I have made a cube in cube designer and able to view the drill down report of that cube, I want to show that "Drill Down Report " in Pentaho dashboard, Please tell me is it possible,if yes how can I do this.
thanks
Yatan:)

bugg_tb
08-19-2008, 05:03 AM
yes it is possible

YatanveerSingh
08-19-2008, 05:17 AM
Thanks for reply, I am not sure how to do this,
Actually I am also making meter and bar charts from the cube and I also want to show the drill down report in same dashboard.
Please tell me how to create drill down in dashboard or Pentaho.

thanks
Yatan:)

bugg_tb
08-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Not to be blunt but there very little chance of you getting help unless you show some sort of willingness yourself, I mean there's no explanation of how far you have got, have you even tried dashboards before, do you use JSP or the CDF, have you install the samples so you can look at the example dashboards, have you got the hang of basic reporting before you move on to dashboards?? I'm sure there's plenty more questions.

YatanveerSingh
08-19-2008, 05:56 AM
I am new to Pentaho altogether but have Idea of Java and have been working on Pentaho for 2 months, I am using JSP, and have installed the samples and using them to change according to my requirement.

I am using the sampledashboard.jsp (pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\deploy\pentaho.war\jsp) and changing the page according to my requirement, I am able to show the charts/meters by "ChartHelper.doChart( "samples", "dashboard", "departments.widget.xml", parameters, content, userSession, messages, null );
" but when it comes to showing the Pivot I dont know what to do.

// Make a bar chart showing the department
// create the parameres for the bar chart
parameters = new SimpleParameterProvider();
// define the click url template
parameters.setParameter( "drill-url", "SampleDashboard?region="+region+"&department={SERIES}" );
parameters.setParameter( "REGION", region );
parameters.setParameter( "outer-params", "REGION" );
// define the category axis of the bar chart
parameters.setParameter( "inner-param", "DEPARTMENT"); //$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$
// set the width and the height
parameters.setParameter( "image-width", "600"); //$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$
parameters.setParameter( "image-height", "400"); //$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$
content = new StringBuffer();
messages = new ArrayList();
// call the chart helper to generate the pie chart image and to get the HTML content
// use the chart definition in 'samples/dashboard/regions.widget.xml'
ChartHelper.doChart( "samples", "dashboard", "departments.widget.xml", parameters, content, userSession, messages, null );

Thanks
yatan

YatanveerSingh
08-19-2008, 08:30 AM
OK, I am using ".doChart" for displaying charts , what should I use to display pivot(drill down report generated by cube designer)

ChartHelper.doChart( "samples", "dashboard", "cube5.mondrian.xml", parameters, content, userSession, messages, null );