PDA

View Full Version : login page for many clients?

wlbezott
08-24-2008, 12:36 PM
creating login page per client - has anyone created a reporting solution for many clients? I need a way for a client to login with a password and see only that clients reports. Has anyone done this with Pentaho?

bugg_tb
08-24-2008, 12:44 PM
creating login page per client - has anyone created a reporting solution for many clients? I need a way for a client to login with a password and see only that clients reports. Has anyone done this with Pentaho?

Well using ACEGI and a database repository the permissions setup in the admin panel becomes usable. So why not define an overriding group for each client and then add users the respective groups, then just set the various folders/xactions to the group they belong to.

Tom

dshenkel
10-07-2008, 11:21 AM
thanks for the post. i'm currently integrating pentaho into our system and would like to add users from our MySQL db into pentaho through acegi. that's not a problem... there's a nice wiki on pulling users from a db. but how do i restrict users to view certain folders on the server after they log in in the Browser view option? for example an admin should view all the reports and a client should view only his reports. i'm using 2.0.0 bi server.

bugg_tb
10-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Say you've got 3 folders,
FolderA
FolderB
FolderC

and 3 groups,

Admin
ClientGroupA
ClientGroupB

Admin can be left as the default and they'll see everything,
if you set up the permissions so the owner of FolderB was ClientGroupA and FolderC was ClientGroupB then they would only be able to see the folders associated with their group, then just add end users to the respective groups

dshenkel
10-07-2008, 01:58 PM
i appreciate the reply. still there's some confusion on my part. you said, " if you set up the permissions so the owner of FolderB." how exactly is that done? that was really my original question. is this an app server configuration, or a pentaho configuration?

bugg_tb
10-07-2008, 02:32 PM
If you're using the 2.0 Bi Server just right click on the folder

silnachandra.madayi
10-18-2008, 09:15 AM
hi

I need to know is there a way to get the default LDAP Users/Settings applicable for Pentaho Roles