PDA

View Full Version : Postgres

Dionisio
10-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Hi everyone, i have a problem and i not understand what´s happen. i set my classpath and take the jdbc driver, but when i try create a conection with de DB a message says " no suitable driver found".
I read the docs and made all , but the conection no work.

Db = Postgresql 8.3
Weka = 3.5.8
JAVA = 1.6.0

please help me. thanks.

Mark
10-22-2008, 03:42 AM
Hi,

It sounds like one of two possible problems:

1) Your classpath isn't set correctly to contain the jdbc driver

OR

2) You haven't configured the DatabaseUtils.props file correctly

Take a look at the database section in the Weka FAQ for more information:

http://weka.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/FAQ#How_do_I_connect_to_a_database.3F

Cheers,
Mark.

Dionisio
10-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Hi,

It sounds like one of two possible problems:

1) Your classpath isn't set correctly to contain the jdbc driver

OR

2) You haven't configured the DatabaseUtils.props file correctly

Take a look at the database section in the Weka FAQ for more information:

http://weka.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/FAQ#How_do_I_connect_to_a_database.3F

Cheers,
Mark.

ok.
the CLASSPATH is all rigth. so the second file "DatabaseUtils.props" i don´t understand how to configure.
i read the readme into the weka but in my path have a DatabaseUtils.props with settings of postgresql 7.4 i don´t understand. You have any example to me???

thanks

Mark
10-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi,

In weka/experiment there are a bunch of example DatabaseUtils.props files for various databases. The one you want to look at is DatabaseUtils.props.postgresql. This file needs to be renamed to DatabaseUtils.props and placed in either your HOME directory OR the directory that Weka is launched from (current directory). The order that Weka checks for this file is the current directory, home directory and, failing that, the default DatabaseUtils.props that is in the weka.jar file is used. Weka's GUIs (Explorer, Experimenter etc.) will allow you to edit the connection URL, username and password.

Cheers,
Mark.

Dionisio
10-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi markl , i re-make al the feets and no set the DatabaseUtils.props i use the default , i chance the classpath from
c:\program files\weka**\driver to c:\program files\java\jre***\lib\ext\driver . Only this chance and the weka works well.
Thanks so much.