PDA

View Full Version : Teradata Connectivity

PentBI
01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I am unable to connect completely to teradata from metadata editor to extract the table definition. I say "completely" because the connection is "OK" when I hit "Test" in the Database Connection window. However clicking on Explore throws up the following error.

Unable to retrieve database information because of an error
Error getting views from schema [null]
[Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 12.00.00.105] [Error 3749] [SQLState HY000] Options Parcel information is invalid.

My jdbc.properties file for metadata editor has these entries:
Tera1/type=javax.sql.DataSource
Tera1/driver=com.ncr.teradata.TeraDriver
Tera1/url=jdbc:teradata://SERVERNAME:1025
Tera1/user=dbc
Tera1/password=XXX
Tera1/hostname=SERVERNAME

The same error is present when I try connecting to teradata from report designer.

yeoj
01-20-2009, 02:30 PM
The only thing I can think of is maybe teradata table names need to be qualified differently?

I'm assuming the talbe you wish to import isn't in DBC, so you might need to put the schema/sub-database name first.

Teradata has a strange way (IMO) of having databases with parents/etc.

Good luck...

I'm still trying to understand what it would take to shift from informatica... playing with bulk loading into TD with pentaho help/etc.

MattCasters
01-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Try grabbing the most recent Teradata driver.

What happens if you create the connection on top of JDBC in stead of JNDI?

PentBI
01-21-2009, 01:12 AM
The same error with JDBC as well.:(

yeoj
01-27-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm hooked up to teradata using Kettle with the Teradata Provided JDBC v12 driver.

here's a link to where I got it from:

http://www.teradata.com/DownloadCenter/

Next I simply had to copy that to the classpath for PDI, which for me was

C:\Pentaho_Data_Integration_3.1\libext\JDBC

(I exptracted PDI originally to c:\Pentaho_Data_Integration_3.1 on my windows system.)

Maybe a good first test would be to try to extract metadata from dbc.tables... (the sort of information schema)

try this:

select * from dbc.tables sample 100