PDA

View Full Version : Connectors provided by pentaho

meenaiyer
02-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi all

Can any one please let me know the list of connector which pentaho provides whether it is paid(like SAP connectors) or free(ODBC connectors).

Thanks in advance

bugg_tb
02-21-2009, 09:18 AM
There's no real list, you just get whatever jdbc driver you have and dump it in the applications driver directory.

Tom

meenaiyer
02-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the reply Tom
But i would like to know what are the connectors available for free in pentaho and what what are the paid connectors which pentaho can connects to?
Or is it something like we can dump any driver in application driver directory and pentaho will accept?
Please clarify my doubt...
Thanks

Taqua
02-22-2009, 10:19 AM
dump?driver? Looking at bugg_tb's post, I find exactly the same words.

No, Pentaho does not sell JDBC-drivers, as usually they ship with your database. If you use a database that has no JDBC drivers, then either it is a toy, like MsAccess or there are commercial JDBC drivers available, or as alternative, you could use the JDBC/ODBC bridge, which in return limits you to Windows.

However, we do not test every JDBC driver out there, so depending on how good the driver is implemented, you may or may not be successfull. If your database is listed in this list, then your chances of running Metadata with your database are pretty good.
http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/.03+Database+Connections#.03DatabaseConnections-DatabaseUsageGrid

If its not in the list, you still may be successfull, assuming that your driver is OK and that your database actually follows the SQL-standard. In that case, send us a note and we can extend the list above.