PDA

View Full Version : unable to save file (metadata.xmi) to server. Correct any server, id or password

agentoo7
04-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Hello i got this error " unable to save file (metadata.xmi) to server. Correct any server, id or password errors and try again."
It's the latest biserver version. >3
The settings are default

Publish location: samples
Publish URL: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/RepositoryFilePublisher
Publish password: (as in system/publisher_config.xml)
Userid: joe
Password: password

The wrong thing is the Publish Location samples
You have to change it to bi-developersand then it will work. But why ?bi-developers is a dir at biserver-ci/pentaho-solutions an my linux server.
Is the Publish location a fixed place or is it possibile to change ?

Has anyone an explanation for me ?

CU
Steve

pstoellberger
04-24-2009, 07:58 AM
in biserver <= 1.7 the samples were in solution "Samples" but moved to bi-developers in 2.0

just change the publish location to bi-developers instead and it will be fine

wgorman
04-28-2009, 01:15 AM
The publish location can be any solution folder in the pentaho solutions directory. A solution folder is the root folder in the tree. bi-developers and steel-wheels are provided, but you can create new folders by right clicking in the BI Server browser.

Will

naveen.arumugam
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi

I get the same error, any suggestion?

I checked the write protection also.

The only thing I could think of is that I am doing a remote publishing into the 'samples' directory which does not work. (Earlier, I was able to publish to 'steel-wheels' from same remote machine without any problem)

Thanks
Naveen

joe_sparkxs
11-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I was having the same problem. Today I spent all my morning triying to publish a new domain in my BI Server.

I am using a windows machine, and BI CE 3.5.0 stable.

Well after try and try and reading yours suggestions these were my steps to publish my new domain.

1.- I created the domain as allways using the metadata editor.
2.- Then I save the domain: file -> save.
3.- Then I created a new folder inside the pentaho solutions. "cordillera" in my case. (C:\Pentaho\3.5.0\biserver-ce\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\cordillera)
4.- Then I opened the user console and log in with Joe credentials, and choose: tools -> refresh-> refresh repository cache, and wait for 30 seconds.
5.- Finally I go back to metadata editor and try to publish my new domain using the tipycal information:
5.1- publish location: the new one, in my case "cordillera". The same value as the new folder I created in step 3
5.2- web publish url the defaul: (http://localhost:8080/pentaho/RepositoryFilePublisher)
5.3- publish password pub (in my case)
5.4- server userid: joe
5.5.- server password: password.
6.- Then I copied index.xml and index.properties from steel-wheels folder to cordillera folder and modified the file index.properties.
7.- Finally I go back to user console and refresh the information in the windows several times and finally my domain appear.

And works. I hope this can help you. I can not believe that.

Minimoy
09-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Wouhou !!! Thank you Joe_sparkxs,
There are a lot of threads speaking about this problem, but you are the only one posting a workable solution for me. Great.
Many thanks !

dfx25
09-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Thank's I try it and it Works !!!!
But i get an error in the preview of the report

AdhocWebService.ERROR_0012 - Failed to generate the report preview. Please check the server log for details of the error.

TomS
09-20-2010, 03:22 AM
Hi,

ok, so what errors appear in "pentaho.log" when seeing this error message in the browser?
Why don't you do, what the message tells you to do? --> read the error log :)

Tom