PDA

View Full Version : Publishing to Linux fails to set data source

fconsult
05-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi all! This one goes to the developers! ;-)

I 'm using PME 2.0, BI Server 2.0, localhost standard postgres with simple (3 tables) database.

After constructing and testing metamodel within PME, all running right, I published it to a localhost, SampleData only data source 2.0GA BI Server.

I've done it on two environments:

- On a Windows XP (Home): it worked flawlessly.
- On a Ubuntu 8.04: it doesn't work, unless I register a data source too, using Admin Console, with the same name the connection has in PME model.

Why is it so? Does anybody know?

I've checked both XMI files and both seem all the like. Both servers are fresh unzipped ones. Postgres driver is the same on both BI Servers and PME.

It seems to be a bug to me: you can't access data from a metamodel defined Native (not JNDI) data source, unless you have registered a data source before - but only on Linux! It doesn't happen on Windows XP!

Tnx & Best Regards,

Fabio de Salles

fconsult
05-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Guys,

Now I've faced the same problem in Windows XP Pro. The only differences from the first post are the database (now a MS SQL Server) and the Java version (1.6), besides being an XP Pro instead of home.

Everythinh else, software versions, configurations, even the passwords are the same.

Haven't anybody faced the same odd behavior? Or at least can share a comment or a hint on what I might be doing wrong?

Tnx & best regards,

Fabio

campi
05-26-2009, 04:26 AM
It seems to be a bug to me: you can't access data from a metamodel defined Native (not JNDI) data source, unless you have registered a data source before - but only on Linux! It doesn't happen on Windows XP!

Fabio

Why not using JNDI datasources ?

fconsult
05-26-2009, 11:22 AM
I am using JNDI, since it is the only reproduceable way to get results. But there seems to be a bug somewhere. Is it so? Why not track it? Also, it would be nice to know if PME/BIS is not intended to work that way, since it worked that way flawlessly up to 1.7GA. ;-)