PDA

View Full Version : Community Technical WebEx - Ongoing

dmoran
06-03-2009, 01:42 PM
We have two of these technical discussions complete. I think it is a good way to give the community a chance to hear about stuff that is upcoming and get feedback. We are going to do two of these a month for the near future and see how that goes. Expect a WebEx on the first and third Wednesday each month.

How is the time and day (Wednesday 14:00 GMT (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=14&min=0&sec=0)) for everybody? Do we need to alternate to a more Asia/Pacific friendly time?

What topics would you like us to cover in the future?

Please respond to this thread with your thoughts.

Doug

codek
06-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi Doug, the time is working fine for me at the moment in UK.

As for content, i think cutting edge development should drive the content, i.e. whatever Pentaho are currently working on at that time, but it would also be good and gain greater audiences if we covered all areas of Pentaho over a given number of sessions, i.e. reporting, platform, kettle, analysis etc etc.

One thing i'm quite interested in from my end is the federated query engine that was mentioned from redhat, i'm not sure if there is any further info on that.

Finally, again from my point of view, i'm always interested in what real world users are up to, and what they're doing with Pentaho - But maybe thats for some other forum! (i.e. community meeting perhaps!)

Thanks again!
Dan

BeLienig
11-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi Doug,

what happened to the Community Technical WebEx-Sessions? That last one was in September, are there no relevant topics to talk about or was there just not enough interest in the initiative?

Thanks,
Ben

dmoran
12-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Ben,

It was just an issue getting people scheduled. Developers were overwhelmed with 4.1 and 3.7. The usual community people were busy with the community meetup and their own work schedules. Hopefully, after the new year we will settle down to a good schedule.

Doug