PDA

View Full Version : Where does debug information go?

greg.soulsby
06-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Mark,

In a previous thread you mentioned

$HOME/weka.log contains all output (stdout, stderr and stuff that gets written to graphical log panels) for a Weka session.

My KnowledgeFlow is failing (why would a Remove fail when it only lists some column numbers?) and I want to see any output. But I dont have a weka.log file anywhere. Where is $Home?

Greg

tdidomenico
06-09-2009, 05:36 PM
In windows, "$HOME" would be "c:\documents and settings\<user>\". In Linux, "/home/<user>/" (replace <user> by your user's name).

Cheers!

greg.soulsby
07-05-2009, 05:23 PM
There is nothing in "c:\documents and settings\<user>\" and I have done a search of c: for weka.log but no luck. It there some setting? Something to do with Java location?

Mark
07-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Which version of Weka are you using? Central logging was introduced in Weka 3.6.0.

Cheers,
Mark.

greg.soulsby
07-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Version is 3.6.1

Mark
07-06-2009, 03:24 AM
Hi Greg,

I'm not too sure what is going wrong. There is a properties file that can be modified to control where the log file is written. Try the following from the command line:

1) cd to the directory where Weka is installed
2) unpack the weka-src.jar file
3) copy weka/core/logging/Logging.props to the current directory
4) edit Logging.props and change LogFile=%h/weka.log to LogFile=%c/weka.log (this will save the log to the current directory rather than the "home" directory)
5) start Weka from the current directory with java -jar weka.jar

Cheers,
Mark.