PDA

View Full Version : Join-builder in metadata editor

jar
08-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Hello,

I have Pentaho and reporting (with PRD) working and was looking how to create the metadata file to enable ad-hoc reporting. I have got a simple model working but found out that when you create a relationship between two tables on more then one field you have to type it !! I was a little surprised with that.

In PRD there is a GUI tool to create the relation between several tables and I expected it somehow to be in the metadata editor too.

I will be able to create the correct relationships but are there any plans to include some kind of GUI Join-builder in the metadata-editor. I tried the 3.5 RC1 but there it is still not included.

Jeroen

wgorman
08-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi Jeroen,

I agree that would be a nice feature. Right now there are no plans for integrating SQL Leonardo (the tool in report designer) into the metadata editor. I recommend you file a feature request on our JIRA website, and vote on the feature.

Thanks,

Will

jar
08-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Hello,

When you found this thread it is probably because you where looking for the possibility to create joins between tables in a GUI like the Report Designer does.

At the moment this is not available but when you vote on it here : http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PMD-564 it might come ... :-)

Jeroen

jar
02-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Bump ...

I really miss this. Probably because I am not that fluent in writing the needed SQL.
So more votes would be very nice...

Jar