PDA

View Full Version : Spanish locale problems with business views

aflorez
08-20-2009, 05:21 AM
I published a domain with several business categories. One of them is "Requisición", and when I try to make an ad hoc report, it raises this error:

Error Generating Report Preview
Failed to generate the report preview. Please check the server log for details of the error.
Reason:
MQLQuery.ERROR_0014 - Business Category Requisici�n not found

Server Version: Pentaho Platform Engine Core 3.0.0-STABLE.37736

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

wgorman
08-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi,

The most likely cause of this error is that your XMI file got corrupted when publishing. Are you using your own tomcat or the one that comes with the bi platform? We've fixed a bunch of UTF-8 issues in the 3.5 codeline, you could try that out and see if the problem goes away. Another work around is to export the metadata.xmi file and copy it to your solution folder.

Hope that helps!

Will

aflorez
08-21-2009, 07:33 AM
The most likely cause of this error is that your XMI file got corrupted when publishing. Are you using your own tomcat or the one that comes with the bi platform?

The one that comes with the platform

We've fixed a bunch of UTF-8 issues in the 3.5 codeline, you could try that out and see if the problem goes away.

But that is not stable, isn't it?

Another work around is to export the metadata.xmi file and copy it to your solution folder.

It does not work.

Will

Thank you very much, Will.

wgorman
08-21-2009, 08:18 AM
You are correct, 3.5 is still in "beta". This would be more to verify that the issue is no longer present. We hope to release a stable version soon.

Using a text editor, could you open up the xmi file, and search for the corrupt text? That would let us know if the corruption is in the file or later on in the adhoc reporting tool.

aflorez
08-21-2009, 08:28 AM
You are correct, 3.5 is still in "beta". This would be more to verify that the issue is no longer present. We hope to release a stable version soon.

I am going to be out of the office for two weeks. I'll test that asap.

Using a text editor, could you open up the xmi file, and search for the corrupt text? That would let us know if the corruption is in the file or later on in the adhoc reporting tool.

Done. It is not in the file.

Thank you. :)