PDA

View Full Version : How to set privileges for a model which should be available for all users ???

muralidrans
10-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Hi,

I have created a Model on my own with pentaho meta-data Editor and published with server in steel-wheels solutions(over writed existing metadata.xmi as it prompts). But when i logged as Joe(admin) the model is visible where as when i logged as Suzy or pat the model is not available for other users instead of Joe...

Can anybody tell where can i set privileges and security for pat and suzy to make available of my model ????
and

In meta-date editor ,how can i use Tools--> Security --> Security Service as it prompts , whats the default service name for steel-wheels???

Thnx
Murali

bamaer
10-09-2009, 09:43 AM
If you haven't specified any permissions in the metadata model it should be available to all users.
Check that they have the proper permissions (create etc) in the user console (right click the Steel Wheels folder, choose properties, Share tab).

Cheers,

Bart

muralidrans
10-13-2009, 04:27 AM
Hi,

Thanks a lot..But still i have the problem after setting the privileges as u said thro right click-->properties window for steel-wheels,
Say for Joe(admin) there are datasources availbale but when i logged as Pat or suzy there errors occurs, "Unable to find connection" and there is no models there ...

Can u suggest and How can i fix to solve this issue???

Thnx
Murali

diddy
11-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi,
You set the privileges directly in the business model. Have a look at my quick step guide, which you can find here (http://diethardsteiner.blogspot.com/2009/07/pentaho-metadata-editor.html).

"In the data constraint section add the users/groups and specify their access rights. If you want to restrict the access to specify countries, then you have to write something like this: [business table name.column name]=value (i.e.: [BT_SN_LT_COUNTRIES_SN_LT_COUNTRIES.BC_SN_LT_COUNTRIES_COUNTRY_NAME]="ITALY"). Also, if one user/group has to have access to everything, you have to set the constraint to TRUE(). "

Hope it helps.
Best regards,
Diddy