PDA

View Full Version : Stored Procedure access from Metadata Editor

mm2009
10-18-2009, 02:21 PM
I am new to Pentaho/Metadata editor. I have successfully created a JNDI/JDBC connection to DB2 database. Database Explorer from Metadata Editor shows all the Tables, Views, Synonyms etc., but does not list Stored Procedures. In the feature list window it has an option for showing procedures but I am not sure how to enable it.

Is there any JNDI parameter to enable store procedures within Metadata editor ?

I apologize if this was answered somewhere but I could not find any where. Any help in this regard much appreciated.

wgorman
10-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately the metadata layer does not support stored procedures at this time. I recommend filing a feature request here: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PMD and then voting on the feature.

Thanks,

Will

mishra.amit64
08-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Is metadata editor support Store Proc now? If yes can we pass a report parameter to SP .

Is there any document or article available to go trough.

The current scenario for me is ..I need to build a meta model based on a SP...Since there are no direct connections to SP from metadata, I have created a view using SP and using the view as my physical connection. Now the caveat is the SP needs some run time parameters and the values will be user inputs ,i.e. there will be parameters in report end and I need to bind the user input value to the SP....is there a direct / indirect way to accomplish this...or this can't be done in Pentaho metada data.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Amit