PDA

View Full Version : Reusing Business Tables/Relationships in different Business Model

afutschik
12-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a simple way of re-using an existing Business Model to build a new one.

The reason I am trying to do that is that I have build a fairly complex Business Model with around hundred Business Tables, and I would like to reuse it to create an other Business Model (with additional Business Tables).

I thought about editing the XMI file, but that would be complex considering the number of lines : 45 054.

Is there a way to do that inside Pentaho Metadata Editor (I believe not) or maybe a trick to make it simply outside PME ?

Adrien

codek
12-01-2009, 12:04 PM
yes, editing the XMI file is akin to entering hell. However will has a bit of a penchant for it :)

Anyhoo no; This idea has been raised as an enhancement request in jira, but no progress on it yet.

afutschik
12-01-2009, 12:22 PM
yes, editing the XMI file is akin to entering hell. However will has a bit of a penchant for it :)

Anyhoo no; This idea has been raised as an enhancement request in jira, but no progress on it yet.

Thanks codek ! In fact I have tried it out successfully on steel-wheels example !

It helps understand how things work, but it not easy to do with 45 000 lines ;)

Adrien