PDA

View Full Version : Change Underlying DBMS Possible?

clavigne
12-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I have a model orignally built over MySQL tables, but I would like change it to run over Oracle tables. I tried changing the connection details in Metadata Editor and republishing the xmi fiile to no avail. When I build a report, it fails - error in the log suggest MySQL SQL is still in use (see paste below).

I looked at the connection details in the .xmi file using a text editor - they appear to be correct. I've updated the solution files & metadata files via Server. Tried starting and stopping the server as well.

Any thoughts?

From the log:

2009-12-09 15:35:26,390 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.pentahometadata.MetadataQueryComponent] MetadataQueryComponent.ERROR_0001 - Query execution failed: ORA-00920: invalid relational operator

Generated SQL: SELECT DISTINCT
BT_DIM_COMMODITY_DIM_COMMODITY.COMMODITY_NAME AS COL0
FROM
DIM_COMMODITY BT_DIM_COMMODITY_DIM_COMMODITY
WHERE
(
)

...never mind, it seems this is caused by the placement of role-based constraints. if your db is mysql, then can be in the business model. if oracle, then not.

clavigne
12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
The problem was caused by one of my role-based constraints. Don't use TRUE() in the constraint formula with Oracle as the DBMS, use instead 1 = 1.