PDA

View Full Version : The Pentaho Server can't recognize the new Component...

papaya
01-05-2010, 02:25 AM
I've built the project successfully, and I can access the pentaho server..

All above the steps are ok. And now I wanna test my new sample

component.(I have added component named DinoComponent at

bi-platform-plugin-actions Project) In fact I just imitated the

HelloWorldComponent and HelloWorldAction ,but I have changed the

serial version UID number, and so on..... when I start the server, and double click the

Dino.xaction file to test, I have received the following error message.

Failed Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0009 - Could not create component DinoComponent - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: DinoComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.Runt imeContext) Debug: Starting execute of bi-developers/sample/Dino.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.Sol utionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.Sol utionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.Sol utionEngine)
Debug: audit: instanceId=eb37566d-f9b6-11de-a6df-0d44ccab4d09, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runt ime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.Runt imeContext)
Debug: validateComponent validating component DinoComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.Runt imeContext)
Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0009 - Could not create component DinoComponent - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: DinoComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.Runt imeContext)
Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0006 - Action components do not validate: Dino.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.Runt imeContext)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0006 - Action sequence validation failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.Sol utionEngine)

who can tell me why the Pentaho Server can't recognize my new component???

Djekil
01-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Hello, I've got simular problem

I’m novice in Pentaho. I’ve developed a simple custom component in Java extending org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.ComponentBase and compiled it in .class file.
Further I try to use my component in my action sequence. I’ve copied .class file to the folder (in pentaho-solutions folder), where my .xaction sequence located.
When I try to test my sequence, I’ve got next error:
The Pentaho BI Platform reported an error while running an action sequence
Possible Causes:
org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.ComponentBase
org/pentaho/platform/engine/services/solution/ComponentBase
RuntimeContext.ERROR_0009 - Could not create component Component01
Action Sequence:ProbaNew.xaction

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/pentaho/platform/engine/services/solution/ComponentBase

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.ComponentBase

What I’ve done wrong? Action sequence can see new class Component01, but couldn’t see class ComponentBase. In Documentation ”Building BI Suite Components (http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/ServerDoc2x/Building+BI+Suite+Components)” It’s written that component has to extend org.pentaho.plugin.ComponentBase, but as I saw in Javadocs ComponentBase is a class of package org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution and has to implement such methods as it written in this documentation.
How can I properly deploy new Component to my BI Server. Documentation says nothing about it…