PDA

View Full Version : pat-server 0.6 problems

sgjava
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I just grabbed pat-server 0.6 from Hudson artifact (http://212.227.135.127:8080/hudson/job/pat-standalone-server/20/artifact/target/pat-server-0.6.tar.gz), created hsqldb connection (jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/sampledata). Issues:

1. A phantom box appears when working with connection dialog. (see screen1.png)

2. Select row and columns and pivot works fine, but charts do not work. Click Chart, click bottom and nothing happens (You see waiting for localhost... in browser, but nothing renders). No errors in log as well. (see screen2.png)

bugg_tb
03-17-2010, 04:03 PM
haha, its not a phantom box, its actually got a youtube video in it, but we have some css issues with that one, the charts are also the same issue, they are flash based, so you need to let FF run them if you want to see them ;)

Oh and as we did our presentation today, if you're interested heres the slides.....
http://numrl.com/14325

Cheers

Tom

sgjava
03-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Indeed, running Flash under x64_86 Ubuntu FF sometimes causes flash 32 bit client to stop working. That was it, thanks! Just exit browser and start again and all is well...

bugg_tb
03-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah I get the same problem all the time ;)

sgjava
03-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Click on bar in bar chart and:

16:25:05,727 ERROR [AbstractServlet] A RPC call resulted in the following exception :
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method 'public abstract void org.pentaho.pat.rpc.IQuery.drillPosition(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,org.pentaho.pat.rpc.dto.enums.DrillType,org.pentaho.pat.rpc.dto.celltypes.MemberCell) throws org.pentaho.pat.rpc.exceptions.RpcException' threw an unexpected exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.encodeResponseForFailure(RPC.java:360)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:546)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:166)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:86)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:378)
at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:109)
at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at org.springframework.security.ui.SessionFixationProtectionFilter.doFilterHttp(SessionFixationProtectionFilter.java:67)
at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:101)
at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
at org.springframework.security.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:105)
at org.springframework.security.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:116)
at org.springframework.security.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilterHttp(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:91)
at org.springframework.security.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(BasicProcessingFilter.java:174)
at org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:278)
at org.springframework.security.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilterHttp(LogoutFilter.java:89)
at org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:236)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:852)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.pentaho.pat.server.util.OlapUtil.getMember(OlapUtil.java:261)
at org.pentaho.pat.server.services.impl.QueryServiceImpl.drillPosition(QueryServiceImpl.java:420)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor87.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
at org.springframework.security.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:66)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
at $Proxy18.drillPosition(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.pat.server.servlet.QueryServlet.drillPosition(QueryServlet.java:383)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor86.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:527)
... 52 more

bugg_tb
03-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Interesting, the charting really isn't finished, but I just tested it with the quadrant analysis cube and it worked. If you can reproduce this can you do me a big favour and sign up to the jira at http://jira.pentaho.com and file a bug in the Pentaho Analysis Tool project.

Thanks
Tom

sgjava
03-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Will do.

sgjava
03-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Here you go with screen flow http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PAT-248

bugg_tb
03-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks a lot, thats quite possibly the most comprehensive jira bug post the PAT team has ever received I wish my jira posts were like that ;)

arossmann
03-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi,
I installed the PAT-0.6.war-file in the pentaho 3.5.2-ce-tomcat and I copied the oracle jdbc-driver to ...\biserver-ce-3.5.2\biserver-ce\tomcat\webapps\pat-0.6\WEB-INF\lib .
My problem is, that I can't connect to my oracle database. I set up the connection parameters and uploaded the mondrian schema (where I got the message "upload successful"). AFter saving my connection and clicking on the connection icon, I got the error "Load Connection Error: Es kann keine Verbindung hergestellt werden." (see attached file)
The database connection from the administration console of this bi server works well, so the connection is not the problem.
Because I can't find any hints in a log, I don't know how to continue. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Arne

codek
03-18-2010, 11:16 AM
I thought it would only work on recent CI builds, or SUGAR, not on 3.5.2?

bugg_tb
03-18-2010, 11:19 AM
This must be standalone vs the connection details from BI server, I've pointed my best connection error debugger in your direction Arne. He'll be with you just as soon as he's worked out how to give a straight answer :)

arossmann
03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
I thought it would only work on recent CI builds, or SUGAR, not on 3.5.2?
Okay thanks for the information. I'll try the latest CI build with pat-0.6
kind regards
Arne

arossmann
03-18-2010, 11:50 AM
I tried it with the latest ci build biserver-ce-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT-hudson-BISERVER-CE-4148.zip (http://ci.pentaho.com/job/BISERVER-CE/lastBuild/artifact/bi-platform-v2/bi-platform-assembly/dist/biserver-ce-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT-hudson-BISERVER-CE-4148.zip), but the problem still exists.

Maybe it depends on an other issue: If I edit the connection, the jdbc driver is reset to sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver and not my chosen oracle driver. So maybe the connection is stored with the wrong driver. Where can I find these data? I couldn't find a database file or xml file where these data are stored.

kind regards
Arne

codek
03-19-2010, 05:28 AM
I have the same problem too... I get an error trying to connect to a cube that uses an oracle datasource, and I have definately copied the driver in.

Tom - How can we best help you guys to reproduce?

bugg_tb
03-19-2010, 05:30 AM
Paul uses oracle, he will be able to reproduce if its the same across the board

codek
03-19-2010, 05:34 AM
ah mine does now connect, now i fixed the standard vs standardDimension issue.

I'll play around and see If i can get to some data.

Maybe arossmann also was misled by that validation warning?

arossmann
03-19-2010, 07:14 AM
I had a schema validation issue, but after changing from "TimeDimension" to "Time" the schema validator accepted the uploaded schema.
So this it seems that isn't the problem on my side. But good to know that there're other guys with this problem, so we can find the solution faster.

codek
03-19-2010, 07:16 AM
thats exactly what i did, but that breaks mondrian.

So change back to "TimeDimension" and re-upload your schema, ignore the warning, and it'll work!

Also if you look at the logs, you'll see mondrian moaning about the supposedly validated schema.

bugg_tb
03-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Yeah sorry about that, as I said in codeks other thread, we will make validation optional and make it more obvious that its just a warning, and not fatal, assuming your schema is valid.

Cheers

Tom

arossmann
03-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Okay thanks a lot for the hint. I'm back at the office on monday and will try it as my first task in the morning. :-)

One more question: why is the the validator remarking the "TimeDimension"/"Time" thing? AS described on the mondrian page (http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/schema.php#Time_dimensions) it should be "TimeDimension". Or is this documentation not the latest one and you're referencing on a newer schema definition.

Kind regards
Arne

bugg_tb
03-19-2010, 09:59 AM
One more question: why is the the validator remarking the "TimeDimension"/"Time" thing? AS described on the mondrian page (http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/schema.php#Time_dimensions) it should be "TimeDimension". Or is this documentation not the latest one and you're referencing on a newer schema definition.

Good question.... dunno :) I shall investigate

arossmann
03-22-2010, 05:52 AM
thats exactly what i did, but that breaks mondrian.

So change back to "TimeDimension" and re-upload your schema, ignore the warning, and it'll work!

Also if you look at the logs, you'll see mondrian moaning about the supposedly validated schema.
thanks codek, with the "invalid" schema ("TimeDimension" instead of "Time") it works.

pstoellberger
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah we figured that the validation is scaring people too much, we'll definately change that for PAT 0.7 ... its just an info and you can ignore it!!!!! ;-)