PDA

View Full Version : Show your company's support for Pentaho CE!

dmoran
03-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Hey Everybody -

On the Pentaho commercial side, we do a pretty good job of highlighting customers that have been successful implementing Pentaho. I'd like to start doing the same thing for the Community Edition.

I imagine something like a page with company names and logos on it. Quotes would be great and a short story or even a case study would be awesome.

So - if you are using CE at your company, please let us know, you can email me dmoran at pentaho.org - include company name and/or logo and permission to use it. If you would like to tell a story, let me know that too!

Thanks,
Doug

Sylvain Decloix
03-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi Doug,

I'm working for a french open source integrator, Atol Conseils et Développements (http://www.atolcd.com), and i forwarded your demand to our Pentaho CE customers.

One of them is OK for writing his "success story" with Pentaho 3.0 CE and particularly "Pentaho CDF"

How can I send you this case study ?

Sylvain
www.osbi.fr (http://www.osbi.fr)

fconsult
03-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Dear Doug,

Serpro has brought Pentaho up to the corporate default (and as long as it is possible the only one) tool for BI solutions, having displaced Microstrategy, BO, Informatica and Oracle all at once from this post. All new BI projects are mandate to be done with Pentaho (and PostgreSQL).

It was a two year work, started at 18/july/2008, raised to corporate priority on 18/jul/2009 and brought to light in september/2009. First customer went on final testing in february/2010. This said first customer of ours is going to have around 40 users to begin with, expecting to reach up to +500 users in a year. This first Pentaho solution is a PostgreSQL stored DB/2-based OLTP system dump capped by a BI Server with metadata layer, all security enabled with an LDAP integration. OLAP is comming later.

Serpro (www.serpro.gov.br) is a 45 years old IT company held by Brazillian Federal Government, created to supply the Government (and its agencies) with IT and Comm. solutions. For instance, all Brazillian IRS services are ran by Serpro (there is only residual IRS paper applied forms).

Serpro has a +US$600Million yearly budget (public-funded, which is roughly equivalent to around US$1Billion sales in software and service), over 10000 employees spread around 1 main office at Brasilia, 10 branchs around the country and several customer located offices, and three country-size, mainframe-based data centers (with two of them working in a fail-safe fashion).

Besides it services, Serpro is playing a very important role in bringing Brazil's Open Source Public Policy to fruition. Serpro has almost entirely migrated its workstation machines over to Linux (first Fedora and now Ubuntu) from Windows. In another sucessful effort to bring FOSS to our public services, an e-groupware fork rechristened as Expresso, cojointly developed by Serpro and Celepar (www.celepar.pr.gov.br), has been effectivated as Federal Government de facto e-mail platform standard, and is currently being used by Brazil's President Mr. Lula da Silva.

Pentaho has been regarded as "structural software" for Serpro plan's, and is bound to grow tenfold within an year from now.

Instrumental in all this history has been Pentaho's local representation, WBA-Kyber, brilliantly led by Mr. Valter Viana, a visionary man, and his knowleadgeble team led by Mr. Ricardo Gouvea. They're doing a fantastic work on Pentaho's behalf. A great thank you for them!

And for you all at Pentaho, for doing such a great product.

See you tomorrow at the PDI 4.0 webinar!

Best regards,

Fábio de Salles
Serpro/CETEC
Sao Paulo Office
fabio dot prado at serpro dot gov dot br

P.S.: I also know that Banco do Brasil (Brazil's biggest bank) and a handful or two of public company as well as private ones are also using Pentaho.

dmoran
04-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Sylvain,

That would be great! please have him email me directly - dmoran@pentaho.com

dmoran
04-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks Fábio! That is great

rhaces
06-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Doug, I posted a success case 2 years ago here in the forum: Here is the link:

http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=61143

caiomsouza
09-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Doug,

We have been using Pentaho CE since 2007 in some BI Projects in Brazil.

I work at IT4biz IT Solutions (http://www.it4biz.com.br).

I am also helping the Brazil's Pentaho Community with my blog (blog.professorcoruja.com) and translating PUC to Brazil's Portuguese.

Best Regards,

Caio Moreno de Souza (ProfessorCoruja)

Hey Everybody -

On the Pentaho commercial side, we do a pretty good job of highlighting customers that have been successful implementing Pentaho. I'd like to start doing the same thing for the Community Edition.

I imagine something like a page with company names and logos on it. Quotes would be great and a short story or even a case study would be awesome.

So - if you are using CE at your company, please let us know, you can email me dmoran at pentaho.org - include company name and/or logo and permission to use it. If you would like to tell a story, let me know that too!

Thanks,
Doug

raghavavundavalli
01-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Hi,

we are using pdi 4.2.1 edition. i am working in PTC(Parametric technology corporation) .

Thanks

raghavavundavalli
01-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi,

we are using greate etl tool(KETTLE), but we are assuming still there are issues in kettle, we are trying to explain what type of issues we are facing while using kettle.

1) if i created a user as admin in kettle then he is the persion who can read and write content in project.
2) if i want to create a user with read only permissions then i am not able to create user.

this is major issue in kettle, can any one provide solution, we really appriciate your efforts..

Thanks for your understanding.

Hi,

we are using pdi 4.2.1 edition. i am working in PTC(Parametric technology corporation) .

Thanks

natejoseland
08-07-2012, 11:20 PM
New to using Pentaho...about 3 months or less but starting to love it a lot.