PDA

View Full Version : Report Designer 3.7 RC1 - Hive parameter swallows previous chararacter

ruakh
11-17-2010, 07:00 PM
I've found that in Report Designer 3.7 RC1, the substitution of a parameter into a Hive query seems to "swallow" the previous character. For example, a query such as this one:

... WHERE foobar=${foobar_val} AND ...

might become:

... WHERE foobarNULL AND ...

rather than:

... WHERE foobar=NULL AND ...

Fortunately, once I figured out that that was what was happening, it was easy to work around: I just had to insert an arbitrary character before the parameter. (For sake of readability, I inserted a space; but I also tried inserting an "x", just for the heck of it, and that worked just as well.)

Sorry if this issue has already been reported.

cboyden
11-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Can you please createa Jira for this issue? It is probably not limited to Hive.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

ruakh
11-18-2010, 12:02 PM
I've created a JIRA ticket: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PRD-3085

I only saw this issue with Hive; it didn't seem to affect PostgreSQL. (Note that the Hive JDBC drivers use the Hive command-line interface under the covers, so it wouldn't shock me if this is a bug inside those drivers, rather than inside Report Designer per se. But they're Pentaho-specific drivers at the moment, and I didn't see a way to file a bug against them, so I filed it under Report Designer as the product that reproducibly experiences the issue.)