PDA

View Full Version : Modifying Google Maps

j0novision
05-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Good morning,

I wanted to post a quick question here as I must be missing something in regards to the Google Maps demo.

I wanted to hook the demo up to a similar database running Oracle instead of Hypersonic.

So what I did was I made an entry in pentaho/server/biserver-ee/pentaho-solutions/system/simple-jndi/jdbc.properties for my database

I did this because it seemed to me that the Google Maps demo was using the JNDI connection "SampleData" and the connection details were defined within that jdbc.properties file.

However, this threw a org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException error.

So I took a step back, and decided to simplify the debugging, I would change the map1.xaction file for the Google Maps demo so that instead of referencing SampleData as the JNDI connection name it would reference SampleData2, and I made an entry in the jdbc.properties file that was an exact replica of SampleData called SampleData2.

This also threw a org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException ... Which made me think, perhaps the connection isn't defined in this jdbc.properties file after all.

This is the very first think I've ever tried to do in Pentaho, so please excuse me if I am not understanding some underlying issue. Thanks for any help you all can provide. Have a great day,

Jonathon