PDA

View Full Version : Missing "Series Color" for Pie Charts

Bernard
11-30-2011, 12:02 PM
hello,

first of all - as i am new to pentaho - i am not sure if this is the right forum to post my question - sorry for that.

I wonder why the piechart and its derivatives are missing the "series color" attribute in the CE edition which I built from source.
Didn't I see it or is there a workaround or do i have to implement it if i want to have it.

thx,
bernard.

Taqua
11-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Try "slice-colors" ;)

Bernard
12-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I double-checked the "edit chart" - attributes panel but it is definitly missing.

please be aware of the fact that i downloaded the ce source and built it in eclipse - but without any errors or problems.

So where is the problem ?

greeting,
bernard.

Taqua
12-02-2011, 11:22 AM
There is no difference between CE- and EE editions. If you are unsure on whether your build is incomplete, download a CE version from Sourceforge. But the fact that you are able to go into the chart-editor means that you have at least all the charting related sub-projects.

Btw: Do you use trunk? If so, then be aware that this is currently extra buggy as it is core-redesign work in progress. Up until yesterday, the chart-editor threw an exception on open and thus did not display anything sensible. I would recommend to use the 3.8-branch instead. This is the production source and will be the one from what 3.9.0 will be built from.