PDA

View Full Version : Problems with compiling Mantle for BI-Suite 4.1.0-GA

michael.mest
02-08-2012, 05:07 AM
HI, we start migrating to BI-Suite 4.1.0-GA (not the community edition) and have some trouble with compiling the matching mantle.jar.

We need to compile it by ourselve, because we have to do some changed in the Sourcecode.

So we checked out the mantle-project from "http://source.pentaho.org/svnroot/bi-platform-v2/branches/4.1/mantle" (this is the matching version for BI-Suite 4.1.0-GA) into a new Project in our Eclipse-Workspace.

Next step was to resolve any dependencies by "resolve-target" by Ant-Build-File "build.xml".
Before we could do this, we changed the property "project.revision" inside "build.properties" to "3.10.0-stable" because this seems to be the version of mantle, which is included in pentaho-webapp ("mantle-3.10.0-GA.jar")

Resolving work's fine and I get many new jar-files inside codegen-lib.

Now, I would like to build a distribution-package. So I start "default-target" by Ant-Build-File.
In this step, the error occurs. The "compile.compile-target" in "subfloor.xml" fails because of following compilation errors:

[javac] /home/p2929/workspace_pentaho/mantle/source/org/pentaho/mantle/server/ServerMessages.java:21: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class MessagesBase
[javac] location: package org.pentaho.platform.util.messages
[javac] import org.pentaho.platform.util.messages.MessagesBase;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/p2929/workspace_pentaho/mantle/source/org/pentaho/mantle/server/ServerMessages.java:23: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol: class MessagesBase
[javac] public class ServerMessages extends MessagesBase {

This is because class "org.pentaho.platform.util.messages.MessagesBase" can not be found anywhere

AND

[javac] /home/p2929/workspace_pentaho/mantle/source/org/pentaho/mantle/server/MantleServlet.java:337: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : method reInit(org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.IPentahoSession)
[javac] location: interface org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.mondrian.catalog.IMondrianCatalogService
[javac] mondrianCatalogService.reInit(getPentahoSession());
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/p2929/workspace_pentaho/mantle/source/org/pentaho/mantle/server/MantleServlet.java:881: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : method getInstance()
[javac] location: class org.pentaho.platform.repository.messages.Messages
[javac] throw new SimpleMessageException(Messages.getInstance().getErrorString("ViewAction.ViewAction.ERROR_UNABLE_TO_CREATE_SUBSCRIPTION_ARCHIVE")); //$NON-NLS-1$
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/p2929/workspace_pentaho/mantle/source/org/pentaho/mantle/server/MantleServlet.java:929: cannot find symbol
[javac] return Messages.getInstance().getString("SubscriptionHelper.USER_SUBSCRIPTION_DOES_NOT_EXIST"); //$NON-NLS-1$
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/p2929/workspace_pentaho/mantle/source/org/pentaho/mantle/server/MantleServlet.java:934: cannot find symbol
[javac] return Messages.getInstance().getString("SubscriptionHelper.USER_CONTENT_ITEM_DOES_NOT_EXIST"); //$NON-NLS-1$
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/p2929/workspace_pentaho/mantle/source/org/pentaho/mantle/server/MantleServlet.java:939: cannot find symbol
[javac] return Messages.getInstance().getString("SubscriptionHelper.USER_ARCHIVE_DELETED"); //$NON-NLS-1$

This is because of following two reasons

"The method reInit(IPentahoSession) is undefined for the type IMondrianCatalogService"
"The method getInstance() is undefined for the type Messages"
Can anyone help me? I think, that here are any Problems with consistency of the dependencies, but I don't know how to fix that!

michael.mest
02-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Ok, I solved the Problem by myself.

The Information, that the mantle-project from "http://source.pentaho.org/svnroot/bi-platform-v2/branches/4.1/mantle" belongs to BI-Suite 4.1 was wrong. (I got this Information from the Pentaho-Support, so I believed in it.)

The correct Version can be found at "http://source.pentaho.org/svnroot/bi-platform-v2/tags/3.10.0-GA/mantle"