PDA

View Full Version : CDE Drill down result to a new dashboard page instead of a panel

cpdinesh
04-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Hi Friends,

I have created a dashboard with four panels and trying the drill down from the chart panel.
It is possible to show the drill down result in any of the other panels and would like to show it in a new page/dashboard to get a wider view.
Any help?

Regards,

milanmathew
10-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Hi,
Drill down to another Dashboard is very much possible in CDE.

Steps:

1, In the click action of the first report,just write a javascript code to drill to the 2nd dashboard window

eg: function(s,c,v)
{
window.location = 'http://10.132.211.19:8080/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf-dd/Render?solution=Sample&path=&file=buublechart_sample.wcdf&dateparam='+c;
}

In this function,i have given the path of the 2nd dashboard and have mentioned the parameters to be passed..

2,In the 2nd dashboard,create a custom parameter and write a javascript to get the parameter value from the above url

eg:
dateparam=Dashboards.getQueryParameter("dateparam");

4,dateparam is the custom parameter i have created in my 2nd dashboard(buublechart_sample.wcdf) and this dashboard listens to the value of the parameter 'dateparam'.

3,In this way, we can drill from one dashboard to another.

Thank you..

Milan

nirav.maisuriya
02-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Hi,

Repeting same question of "cpdinesh - CDE Drill down result to a new dashboard page instead of a panel" .

Is it possible to get the value from first chart say, pie chart and display value to the second chart say, bar chart.
Pie chart in first panel and Bar chart in second chart..

How is it possible, i tried writing code in clickAction of pie chart for changing title of the bar chart for the selected category, and it is changing the title but the bar chart is not displayed after the title is changed..

Can anyone help me...

Regards,

csger
01-22-2014, 04:53 AM
Hi Forum,

how is the Drill Down to another Dahsboard work with Pentaho 5?
I followed the steps. I created a custom parameter in the 2nd Dashboard like this:

vkorg=Dashboards.getQueryParameter("vkorg");

Then I created a clickaction at a barChart like this:

function(scene) {
var bookmark = encodeURI(scene.vars.category.value);
window.location('/pentaho/api/repos/:home:Dashboards:IDES_Sales:02_VKORG.wcdf/generatedContent&vkorg' + bookmark);

But its not working, i get the message: ...something went wrong...
Any help? Please help me I need this for my bachelors's degree in two weeks =(

sadakar
01-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Refer this post
http://pentaho-bi-suite.blogspot.in/2014/01/drill-down-from-one-dashboard-to.html

Hi Forum,

how is the Drill Down to another Dahsboard work with Pentaho 5?
I followed the steps. I created a custom parameter in the 2nd Dashboard like this:

vkorg=Dashboards.getQueryParameter("vkorg");

Then I created a clickaction at a barChart like this:

function(scene) {
var bookmark = encodeURI(scene.vars.category.value);
window.location('/pentaho/api/repos/:home:Dashboards:IDES_Sales:02_VKORG.wcdf/generatedContent&vkorg' + bookmark);

But its not working, i get the message: ...something went wrong...
Any help? Please help me I need this for my bachelors's degree in two weeks =(

Ansari443
10-08-2014, 10:15 AM
I'm new to Pentaho. We have a data warehouse which we want to extract the data out for reporting purpose. The data on the data warehouse is de-normalized data stored in as flat tables.

What we want to do is to extract ad hoc report on demand or recurring (if recurring, it has to be automated, say monthly). Is pentaho the right tool to accomplish this task? Any other suggestion?

At this point, we're not interested in anything beyond the requirements above but don't mind to keep the option open.

Thanks.

bobgrny
11-20-2014, 06:35 AM
Hi Friends,

I have created a dashboard with four panels and trying the drill down from the chart panel.
It is possible to show the drill down result in any of the other panels and would like to show it in a new page/dashboard to get a wider view.
Any help?

Regards,

I have a very similar question? Did you find a solution to accomplish this?