Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Output Performance - MySQL

Hi,

Could u please suggest where I have to add those two parameters and test ? whether inside the feature list or shared.xml ?
    Sathish
    Back to Pentaho

'Be the best Pearl in the ocean of wisdom'

Also,

I have certain tables coming from Source, how to do MySQL load without specifying target field mappings ??? Any idea. Please help me.
    Sathish
    Back to Pentaho

Hi.
    Could u please suggest where I have to add those two parameters and test ? whether inside the feature list or shared.xml ?
    You have to check the Edit Connections Options (or advanced options).

Mick
    Last edited by Mick_data; 05-30-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: added quotes

I have certain tables coming from Source, how to do MySQL load without specifying target field mappings ??? Any idea. Please help me.
    I think that if you have source fields names exactly as Mysql table fields names, then table output (or insert update) should work even if you don't specify the target field mapping.

Mick

Exclamation

Thanks Mick. Yes Table Output will work . But MySQL Bulk Loader is loading null or empty data into target when fields are not specified Any work around? Also , I am trying the following command inside execute SQL Script to do a bulk load where fields will get replaced from a variable while doing iteration,

mysqlimport -h 10.237.69.125 -P 3306 -u u1celm01 -p password s1celm01 /tmp/Category.fifo -c categoryid,categoryname,subcategoryid,subcategoryname --fields-terminated-by=\; --fields-optionally-enclosed-by=\"

It really connects to MySQL database using MySQL command and lists down all options and usage commands, but after that no processing takes place and it hangs.
    FYi - MYSQL Database Server and Pentaho Server resides in separate machines.
    Sathish
    Back to Pentaho

Even I have tried the following command inside shell script ,

mysql -h 10.237.69.125 s1celm01 -u u1celm01 -p password -e "LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "/tmp/demo_table.fifo" INTO TABLE Category FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|' (categoryid,categoryname,subcategoryid,subcategoryname)"
    Sathish
    Back to Pentaho

Hi.
    I'm sorry but I've never tried to use mysql command with shell script, so I can't help with that.