Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Incremental Load in Pentaho

Talking Incremental Load in Pentaho

Hi

Currently i am doing Truncate and load on my target.Instead of this i want to incremental load(take only new/updated record).I used insert/update transformation It is taking around 17 hours to complete.Can you please tell me how to do this in pentaho.I am from Informatica background i know how to achieve this in Informatica.what is the equivalent transformation in pentaho.How to do it in pentaho.

Thanks
    Shekar

you can use audit column for your incremental records.

if your job is taking 17 hours means, where are you running your job, is it in your local machine or on server? Where is your source and Target database located??

is indexes created on your comparison id or key in insert/update step ? alternative for insert/update step is Sync after merge step. you can upload your transformation then we can help you mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by ranala View Post
    you can use audit column for your incremental records.

if your job is taking 17 hours means, where are you running your job, is it in your local machine or on server? Where is your source and Target database located??

is indexes created on your comparison id or key in insert/update step ? alternative for insert/update step is Sync after merge step. you can upload your transformation then we can help you mostly.

In case you need help, please try to give as much detailed information as you can e.g how many records of data you are reading, the database you are using, plus the environment you are running kettle from.

For starters:

Look at the Merge rows mergs 2 streams of data and add a flag example transformation , it comes with pdi in the sample directory.

Replace the text file input step with the table input step in both streams.

Also before the Merge join step , sort your data on join keys in ascending order.

Lastly replace the text file output step with the synchronize after merge step.

Hopefully that helps.