Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pentaho 7.1 - cannot execute *.xaction

Hi Caralomi!

It looks like today we found the issue on our side -
    html-form-controls.xsl file was updated locally using upper-case() function. It looks like Pentaho 7.1 uses xPath 1.0 and upper-case() function works in xPath 2.0. I've reworked html-form-controls.xsl without upper-case() function and the issue "Could not find function: upper-case SystemId Unknown; Line #137; Column #52; function token not found. (Location of error unknown)java.lang.NullPointerException" disappeared. I am so sorry I bothered you and I really appreciate all your help!

Maybe you know how to enable xPath 2.0?
    I found pentaho-solutions/system/java-system-properties.properties file that contains 3 commented lines:
    #javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl
    #javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
    #javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryImpl=net.sf.saxon.xpath.XPathFactoryImpl

I've comment out javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryImpl=net.sf.saxon.xpath.XPathFactoryImpl and restarted tomcat but it looks like xPath 2.0 wasn't activated. Maybe you have an idea about xPath 2.0 in Pentaho 7.1?

Thank you!
    Natalie

Natalie
    I am glad you got it to work; in the log I did notice those entries and should have thought of custom XSL pages as part of the culprit. I neglected to see it as your action did not make any reference to it. Nevertheless you found the issue and that is awesome.
    As far as Xactions is concerned I think you are better off to start looking at removing them. Don't quote me on this but I think they will be deprecated in the future; so be prepared just in case.