Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get the Ctools

Exclamation How to get the Ctools

Want to install the CTools? This post is for you.

Update: For version 5.0 please use this instructions: http://pedroalves-bi.blogspot.pt/201...lable-cdf.html

1. Using a stable version:

Go to http://ctools.webdetails.org/ and use the links to the installers

2. Using ctools installer:

Read this blog post for detailed instructions. If you use windows, in the end there's a link to another blog that explains how to setup ctools-installer with cygwin

3. Using pentaho marketplace:

In pentaho 4.8 you can just click the marketplace icon and you'll be all set!
    Last edited by pmalves; 11-22-2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: 5.0 update
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

i was Goggling for the same over the web but didn't found anything helpful yet .. so now going to consider your suggestion here in work as well to get some helpful out of it .. hopefully.. so thanks to you to instill me some knowledge towards it at least with which i may well start to reach at the better end..
    Last edited by ellisionthomas; 06-20-2013 at 06:31 AM.

i know i have jumped into an old post yet this is needed to me to know... and thinking at this time around there will surely be several updates available out of the same tool..

Hi!

I do not find the marketplace in my pentaho console, could you explain how to install or activate?.

currently use pentaho 4.8

If you're using CE, it's one of the buttons on the main toolbar.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

hi Pedro

I've installed CTools according to your tutorial, I use pentaho 5.0, however the CDE Dashboard does not work; in Pentaho.log I find the Next error:

2014-02-10 15:03:53,145 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.util.logging.Logger] misc-class org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.DefaultPluginManager: PluginManager.ERROR_0015 - Plugin cdc loaded, but post-load processing failed
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.getUserDetailsRoleListService()Lorg/pentaho/platform/api/engine/IUserDetailsRoleListService;

Can You Help me, please?

If you followed the tutorial for 5.0, why did you install CDC ? That won't run in 5.0. Are you sure you followed the right tutorial ?
    Pedro Vale
    --

I tried following the these instructions to install via the Marketplace. When I try to install any of the CTools plug-ins, I get an error saying install failed, check log file. In the tomcat log file, I see the following error. It looks like the file it wants is on my Windows CE 5.0 install, but the path it is using is wrong. You will notice is is mixing forward sashes with backslashes.

2014-02-26 09:54:43,867 ERROR [org.pentaho.di] 2014/02/26 09:54:43 - Download Plugin - ERROR (version 5.0.1-stable.148b6fef6a996547f0a83bc49a869d75ef55b8ca, build 1 from 2013-11-15_14-00-42 by buildguy) : Can not copy file/folder [zip:C:\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system/plugin-cache/downloads/pentaho-cdf-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT_1393437278176.zip] to [C:\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system/plugin-cache/staging]. Exception : [

Also, I noticed that the zip file C:\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\plugin-cache\downloads\pentaho-cdf-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT_1393437278176.zip has a size of 0 KB, as do most of the zip files in that directory. Only the file cda-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT_1393398769407.zip has a real size.

Thanks for any help on fixing this, I'm very eager to use these great tools!
    John
    Last edited by jdl; 02-26-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Hi Pedro Alves,

I have install CToos manually by following the instruction of http://pedroalves-bi.blogspot.pt/201...lable-cdf.html.
    But, when I start the BA server, the following errors are displayed.

[exec] Hibernate: select datasource0_.NAME as NAME27_, datasource0_.MAXACTCONN as MAXACTCONN27_, datasource0_.DRIVERCLASS as DRIVERCL3_27_, datasource0_.IDLECONN as IDLECONN27_, datasource0_.USERNAME as USERNAME27_, datasource0_.PASSWORD as PASSWORD27_, datasource0_.URL as URL27_, datasource0_.QUERY as QUERY27_, datasource0_.WAIT as WAIT27_ from DATASOURCE datasource0_
    [exec] 09:35:27,718 ERROR [Logger] Error: Pentaho
    [exec] 09:35:27,718 ERROR [Logger] misc-class org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.DefaultPluginManager: PluginManager.ERROR_0015 - Plugin cda loaded, but post-load processing failed
    [exec] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/pentaho/reporting/engine/classic/core/DataFactoryContext
    [exec] at pt.webdetails.cda.CdaLifecycleListener.loaded(CdaLifecycleListener.java:42)
    [exec] at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.PlatformPlugin.loaded(PlatformPlugin.java:195)
    [exec] at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.DefaultPluginManager.registerPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:219)
    [exec] at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.DefaultPluginManager.reload(DefaultPluginManager.java:128)
    [exec] at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.PluginAdapter.startup(PluginAdapter.java:42)
    [exec] at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.notifySystemListenersOfStartup(PentahoSystem.java:342)
    [exec] at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.notifySystemListenersOfStartup(PentahoSystem.java:324)
    [exec] at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:291)
    [exec] at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:208)
    [exec] at org.pentaho.platform.web.http.context.SolutionContextListener.contextInitialized(SolutionContextListener.java:137)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4135)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4630)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:546)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:637)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:563)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:498)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1277)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:321)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:785)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:445)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:519)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:581)
    [exec] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [exec] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    [exec] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    [exec] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
    [exec] at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
    [exec] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.DataFactoryContext
    [exec] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    [exec] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    [exec] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    [exec] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    [exec] at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:214)
    [exec] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    [exec] ... 34 more
    [exec] 09:35:27,718 ERROR [Logger] Error end:
    [exec] 09:35:29,406 WARN [DefaultSchemaGenerator] We don't support method overloading. Ignoring [public java.lang.String serializeModels(org.pentaho.metadata.model.Domain,java.lang.String,boolean) throws java.lang.Exception]
    [exec] Hibernate: select repository0_.FILE_ID as FILE1_25_, repository0_.revision as revision25_, repository0_.parent as parent25_, repository0_.fileName as fileName25_, repository0_.fullPath as fullPath25_, repository0_.datacol as datacol25_, repository0_.directory as directory25_, repository0_.lastModified as lastModi8_25_ from PRO_FILES repository0_ where repository0_.fullPath=?
    [exec] 09:35:29,609 ERROR [SolutionEngine] 01f5b2d2-a413-11e3-ae11-85d9e14c0225:SOLUTION-ENGINE:global-department-list.xaction: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed
    [exec] Pentaho BI Platform server is ready. (Pentaho Platform Engine Core 4.8.0-stable.51169) Fully Qualified Server Url = http://localhost:8080/pentaho/, Solution Path = I:\PentahoPlatform\workspace\cbf-quickstart\pentaho-solutions

Could you please help me how to overcome this problem.

Another thing is I downloaded the marketplace and unzip to system, but I cannot find any features or function about marketplace on my PUC
    What I should do

You're following the instructions for Pentaho 5.0 and applying them to a Pentaho 4.8.

that won't work.

For 4.8, either use the marketplace to install the ctools or use ctools-installer.sh
    Pedro Vale
    --