Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Mondrian Schema Button in PDI Star Modeler

Default Mondrian Schema Button in PDI Star Modeler

I have been playing with the Star Modeler using the latest CI 4.5 version of PDI. I created my initial Star with Dimension and fact tables and that worked great. I was then able to click on the SQL link and I successfully then created the Dimension and Fact tables in the target database.

I then assumed that based on the button name I should then be able to click on the "Mondrian Schema" button and it would open a dialog box and assist me in exporting a Mondrian Schema file that I assume I would then need to import into Pentaho BI.

Unfortunately nothing happens when I click on the Mondrian Schema button. Is this a bug or is it just silently writing the schema file someplace? Am I missing something here?

Same goes for the "Physical Model" button, nothing appears to happens when I click on it. Is this a bug?

I was rally excited about the potential of the Star Modeler yet half way through now I am wondering if enough functionality works on Star Modeler yet to actually make it useful? It seems w/o the associated Mondrian Schema file that the rest of Star Modeler functionality is convenient yet not comprehensive enough to call Star Modeler a finished product . . .

In fact I had already manually built all my dimension tables and populated them just using raw SQL code and the main thing I was trying to use Star Modeler for was to generate the Mondrian Schema file so right now it seems like I have just spun my wheels learning to use Star Modeler . . .

Is there something I am missing or forgot to do when I installed PDI and Star Modeler to be able to generate the Mondrian XML Schema file? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thx!

Brig

Sorry Brig, we're still working on those, waiting for the new unified semantic layer to come into play.

Hi Matt,

OK, thank you very much for the info! I was gonna keep hammering at it today yet will now fallback again to trying to get Schema Workbench to create the Schema file instead of Cube Modeler.

When Cube Modeler is finished though it will be a great asset so I hope you folks can finish it up soon! :-)

Thx!

Brig