Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Page break for tables in Pdf report export

Default Page break for tables in Pdf report export

Hi everybody, I’m publishing a PDF report with a long table: 6 or more pages. The problem is that some rows get lost when pages break. I tried several options (avoid page break, box sizing), but didn’t work. Any idea?
    Thanks in advance

Sounds like a bug. Can you file a JIRA case along with a sample report that shows the error? This sort of error is impossible to track down without a debuggable example report.

You may be able to simply alter your existing buggy report to use the built-in sample data as datasource. This way you can demonstrate the error and we can actively chase the bug, without requiring you to disclose your own data.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

I've attached Example.prpt using SampleData. It's a list of orderdetails table. The first page with the table (the second page of the report) is ok. Problems with rows start from the second page. Comparing the PDF report with html you can see for example that the line: 10.106, 52,64 48 S72_1253 doesn't appear in PDF.
    Best regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, clearly a bug. Workaround until we have a fix in place: Instead of a inline-subreport, use a banded-subreport. That will solve your problem for now.

JIRA case: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PRD-3950
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Ok, waiting for the solution, l'll use a banded-subr. See you!