Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Change marker icon into map component using openstreet

Default Change marker icon into map component using openstreet

Hello everyone i´m working with a NewMapComponent with openstreet engine.

I would like to change the marker icon if it´s upper than a threshold. It´s posible to change it after it was executed?

for example:
    i got the result set like (city,value)
    markers:
    : value<100
    : value>100

Thanks for all it´was only a graphic example

AJ

Hey.

Two ways you can do that:

1. Have the marker come from the data. If your dataset for the component includes a column named marker, the data on that column will be used as the marker url. That way, you can have your query decide what marker you want for each point.

2. MapComponent uses AddIns to encapsulate the logic for fetching the markers. This means you can develop your own addin and make the component use it. If you look at lines 76-104 of NewMapComponent.js you'll see a urlMarker addin being defined. You need to define a new addin, much like that one, but that checks the value and returns the appropriate marker. After defining the new addin, you must tell the component to use it - that's done on the preExecution step of the component. Something like this.markerImageGetter = <addinName> should do it.

Cheers
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Thanks vale i was reading this adding in NewMapComponent.js and i understand it. But i don´t know how link it with my Result set.

I don´t know how get the value "Description" (wich it´s the value to select diferent images) for each one. Marker image adding uses 3 params (tgt, st, opt) but i don´t know what it is.

Thanks in advance

st.data will give you the row you're processing. So st.data[0] (I think) will give you column 0 of the dataset row.
    The best way is to set a breakpoint at the top of the function and look into the st object. It will be easy to see where to get the data from.

cheers
    Pedro Vale
    --

Yes that´s. It´s like you are saying, you can access to data value using st.data[n] ("n" it´s the number of the column). I didn´t know wath kind of object was st

Thanks for your attention pamval

Default Change marker icon into map component using openstreet

Hey AJ, I have the same need. Could you please send me the your code? I don't make the changes. Osmar,

i have changed newMapComponent.js the addin MarkerImage, it has a switch based on the position of each result set´s row. You have to change it to assign the image as you need:
    if st.data[number-column-value] < threshold1 return 'getResource/system/pentaho-cdf-dd/resources/custom/components/NewMapComponent/images/marker_grey.png'
    else if st.data[number-column-value] < threshold2 return 'getResource/system/pentaho-cdf-dd/resources/custom/components/NewMapComponent/images/marker_orange.png'
    else return 'getResource/system/pentaho-cdf-dd/resources/custom/components/NewMapComponent/images/marker_black.png'

Hi guys,
    can you explain me where can i find an add-In documentation?
    i did not understand what the mean of the function function (tgt, st, opt) and its parameters (what type of objects are them?).

Any support will be appreciated.
    Yamas

Hello!

I trying to send marker to my map with trought my dataset, with a column named "marker" that contains the URL of marker.

I create a folder in "public", named "marker". Inside this, I uploaded two markers: "red.png" and "green.png"

My URL in column "marker" is /public/marker/red.png or /public/marker/green.png (it depends of position).

But when I run the dashboard, no markers are showed. When I remove column marker, the originals markers are showed. So, I think there some problem with the URL of uploaded market.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

I think the URL should be getResource/public/marker/red.png.

What is the actual URL used? You should see the requests in the network console of the browser.
    Pedro Vale
    --

Hi Pedro. I solved this problem.

I put the image in "biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-cdf-dd\images\ProjectImages\red.png" and my URL in data source is "images/ProjectImages/red.png"

It works fine. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pamval View Post
    I think the URL should be getResource/public/marker/red.png.

What is the actual URL used? You should see the requests in the network console of the browser.

Hi,
    I have a similar problem I have a column in my data set with the heading marker with URL as: /public/map/red.png.
    There is no change in the marker image
    Do I need to change any parameter to get the desired image,

Useful information, but i'm using 'newMapComponent' and i can't define the marker by url, my dataset look like next:
    latitude, longitude, marker, description
    -16.2523, -65.2150, images/marker-blue.png, house
    -16.2369, -65.8596, images/marker-orange.png, penthouse
    this is an example, because i want to show differents colors for diferentes things in my dataset, i put the images in: path: 'biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-cdf-dd\images'
    so i don't know what is wrong, i am using pentaho 6.1