Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Issues configuring Pentaho pdi 4.3 db connection with hadoop - hive instances

Default Issues configuring Pentaho pdi 4.3 db connection with hadoop - hive instances

I am having issues getting PDI 4.3.0 configured to work with my instances of Hadoop and Hive. Here are my specifics....

1) hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u4
    2) hive-0.7.1-cdh3u4
    3) PDI 4.3.0

I have followed a few guides on getting this setup. Here are the steps I have followed.

1) Copied hadoop-core-0.20.2-cdh3u4.jar to <install dir>/data-integration/libext/bigdata/

2) Copied guava-r09-jarjar to <install dir>/data-integration/libext/bigdata/

3) Have the following jar files in <install dir>\data-integration\libext\bigdata\hive
    hive-exec-0.7.0-pentaho-1.0.1.jar
    hive-metastore-0.7.0-pentaho-1.0.1.jar
    hive-service-0.7.0-pentaho-1.0.1.jar
    libfb303.jar
    libthrift.jar

I then started PDI.

I went to new Database Connection window. I picked Hadoop Hive, gave the connection a name, provided the host name (my-server-host-name), database name (default), port number (9000) and selected Native (JDBC) from the Access pane.

Currently I get the following error:

Error connecting to database: (using class org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver)
    org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.login(Lorg/apache/hadoop/conf/ConfigurationLorg/apache/hadoop/security/UserGroupInformation;

Please help.

Make sure you remove the hadoop-core-0.20.2.jar we ship in libext/bigdata. I'm guessing it's still there.