Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Google Analytics in Penthaho ETL 4.2 version CE not working

  1. #1

    Default Google Analytics in Penthaho ETL 4.2 version CE not working

    I have installed pentaho and able to do the very basic transformation using the same. On exploring further , I am not able to connect to Google Analytics using the same. Getting the strange error stating that "Service Exepction occured while contacting google analytics . Not found. "
    Not sure its connectivity issue or firewall issue as when I enter the wrong username and password it gives me the error that authentican failed but when entering the correct username and password execption comes.

    Not sure if a genric issue or very specific to me.

    See attached the screen shot of the issue.Name:  Google_analytics_Not working.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  33.4 KB

    Regards
    Hemant Jain

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Posts
    9,729

    Default

    I think I remember that the Google API has changed recently, that could be the reason.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Hi
    Everything is fine but you should give TableId(Get tableId from Profile)
    Then it works.


    Thanks
    Siva
    siva.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Posts
    9,729

    Default

    Still, some API change is indeed coming.

    http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-7942

  5. #5

    Default

    Matt is right - the current step is realy outdated. Google stopped the old API at the end of june 2012. Even the link on the step to "Dimension and Metrics Reference" is no longer valid.

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks Matt and MichaelBieri . What could be the work around for the same now.

  7. #7

    Default

    FYI; This case already exists in Jira:
    http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-7302
    http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-7942

    There is a lot of usefull information in the comments.

    Normaly, this can be fixed by updating your client (if possible / not a production environment). Get the current build from the ci server and try use this - or try to replace just the plugin/libs (PDI_ROOT/libext/google) from ci with the "old" libs of your stable release.
    Last edited by MichaelBieri; 09-18-2012 at 06:09 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi Michael,

    i am on that task for 3 days now and i am trying to update the gdata files in the pentaho directory on my laptop. Still, it does not work. I don't know how to fix this. Is there a How-To-Manual that explains which folders or files have to be replaced in pentaho? I also do not have the possibility to do the table checkup nor can i use the google adwords metrics in in the google analytics api. I would very much appreciate it if you could answer to my message. Best, Basar

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hemantraijain View Post
    I have installed pentaho and able to do the very basic transformation using the same. On exploring further , I am not able to connect to Google Analytics using the same. Getting the strange error stating that "Service Exepction occured while contacting google analytics . Not found. "
    Not sure its connectivity issue or firewall issue as when I enter the wrong username and password it gives me the error that authentican failed but when entering the correct username and password execption comes.

    Not sure if a genric issue or very specific to me.

    See attached the screen shot of the issue.Name:  Google_analytics_Not working.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  33.4 KB

    Regards
    Hemant Jain
    I'm having this exact same issue. Has anyone created a fix for this yet?

    Much appreciated

    Daniel

  10. #10

    Default

    Even after replacing the /libext/google with the new version of the pentaho 4.4 which I got from this link its the same.

    This is what I have done.
    Downloaded the zip files. Unzipped it and got the ../libext/google and repelced it on my folder of pentaho where /libext/google was present. Closed pentaho and restarted. Still the same. Filter etc nothing is working .

    Any pointers will be appreciated greatly.

    Though Dimensions and Metrics link is working now...


    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBieri View Post
    FYI; This case already exists in Jira:
    http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-7302
    http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-7942

    There is a lot of usefull information in the comments.

    Normaly, this can be fixed by updating your client (if possible / not a production environment). Get the current build from the ci server and try use this - or try to replace just the plugin/libs (PDI_ROOT/libext/google) from ci with the "old" libs of your stable release.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.