Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: LDAP input Dynamic Filter 4.2

Default LDAP input Dynamic Filter 4.2

I am trying to use Kettle 4.2 using two LDAP Input transformation

LDAP Input1 query LDAP for all the users read the attribute managerEmployeeID off of each user

Now I want to use LDAP Input2 and set the dynamic filter to managerEmployeeID= Value and get Manager's DN

I have put select Value and not having much luck, I am using 4.2 version.

Have anyone out there tried anything like that.

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by banaraki View Post
    Now I want to use LDAP Input2 and set the dynamic filter to managerEmployeeID= Value and get Manager's DN
    So what exactly is your problem: Use of a dynamic filter or retrieval of the DN?

If dynamic filtering does not work for you, you might need to calculate the actual filter expression from the manager's employeeID, e.g. by using "employeeID="+managerEmployeeID as a User Defined Java Expression.

If you struggle to retrieve the DN, keep in mind: The DN is accessible as an operational attribute only, so you must know the name of that attribute (entryDN in my system) and you must be allowed to read that attribute (talk to your directory admin).
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

If I'm reading your question correctly, you are trying to pull the managers for a given employee. I have used the Merge Join object between two LDAP Inputs in order to get relationships like that. You will have to sort your merge fields though.
    Look at my description on getting a list of users from a security group for help.
    http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread...roup-from-LDAP

I just posted it so it may not yet have been approved.